Map 'Sign' / Label

trainm0nster

Hi Everyone,

I apologize for what I'm sure is a novice question - but I can't find the answer anywhere.

Is there any way / feature to add a label to the 'map' in Surveyor / Driver - so when you zoom all the way out you can see some identification points? I'm not talking the mini-map, the main surveyor / driver feature.

Thanks!

When you zoom out and the view changes to a "map view", at the top left hand corner of the screen is a small green dot with the label Map Display Option. Click on this and it will display a list of object display check boxes. Each can be turned on and off so they they will or will not be shown in the map. Some of these "things" will have names that you have entered such as stations, industries, signals, junctions, etc.

One of the items will be Named Objects. These are any visible assets (houses, street signs, trees, etc) that you have named. What you can do is give one of these objects that is located out away from the track and away from other named objects a distinctive descriptive name, such as "Stinky Hollow" that will show up in the map view. Unfortunately you cannot change the font size or text colour.

When you zoom out and the view changes to a "map view", at the top left hand corner of the screen is a small green dot with the label Map Display Option. Click on this and it will display a list of object display check boxes. Each can be turned on and off so they they will or will not be shown in the map. Some of these "things" will have names that you have entered such as stations, industries, signals, junctions, etc.

One of the items will be Named Objects. These are any visible assets (houses, street signs, trees, etc) that you have named. What you can do is give one of these objects that is located out away from the track and away from other named objects a distinctive descriptive name, such as "Stinky Hollow" that will show up in the map view. Unfortunately you cannot change the font size or text colour.

I feel like an idiot. That did exactly what I wanted.

Thanks for your help!

Back