Serial number

CharlietheGamer

I bought a second hand copy of Trainz 12, and I am struggling to register a serial number, so I can't use the DLS. Is there a way to reset it? If not, I might just not play the game.

You can only register a serial number once.
There is no such thing as second hand software as you don't buy the software but a license to use the software (and you can't transfer that license).
If you bought a 2nd hand TS12 DVD, you effectively got yourself an expensive beer coaster.

TS12 is no longer supported, so even if you had a serial registered to your name, you will also have to buy a First Class download Ticket (FCT) to get access to the DLS.

The oldest supported product is TANE, which you can currently buy only at a 50% discount for £16.36 GBP.

Cancel your second hand TS12 transaction if you still can and simply buy the (legal) game.

2nd hand copies of any game - especially if they have a serial number - are considered dead since the serial number was already used. Trainz has it once its used, its used and aren't transferrable, and that's what you are experiencing more likely.
And what oknotsen said, even if you were able to successfully register, you'll be required to get a FCT to access the DLS for older versions, as they're pretty much cut from the free DLS access.

Cheers

Oh well...I may not be able to use the DLS, but I can still enjoy the game itself, right?
Not legally, but yes.

Don't expect much support on these forums though; a lot of people prefer not to help people without a game showing registered to their name. Plus support topics might be moved to the TS12 support forum, which you won't have access to till you register a game to your account.

There are third party sites that allow you to download content some of which is at 3.5 or TS12 level.

If you dig in the forums there are one or two places you can still get a legal copy of TS12. Realistically I'd pick up a copy of TANE.

Cheerio John

There are third party sites that allow you to download content some of which is at 3.5 or TS12 level.

If you dig in the forums there are one or two places you can still get a legal copy of TS12. Realistically I'd pick up a copy of TANE.

Cheerio John

TS12 is still available and very cheap on Steam.

Back