.
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Help importing built in content

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    6
     

    Default Help importing built in content

    I have Tane deluxe and TRS 2019. I am trying to import my deluxe routes from Tane into TRS 2019 but am stuck on how to do this. I went into TRS2019 and then into Trainz settings and changed the install directory to my TANE one and then exited and restarted as requested. TRS 2019 then did some updating but the routes are still not there. What do I do next?

    The routes are Avery Drexel, Bidye, Season Town and Warwick. There are also other routes in my TANE that did not transfer either but they were not in the deluxe bundle and I want to transfer these as well.
    Last edited by bha19; April 5th, 2020 at 06:39 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Australia, Qld
    Posts
    6,122
     

    Default

    The best and easiest way is to simply redownload in-game in TRS19.

    Another option - copy your TANE local data folder, point the TRS19 build at the new folder, and run a db repair. (It sounds like this is the route you attempted, but without running the db repair).

    Trying to copy things manually will result in a mess of missing textures etc.
    Tony Hilliam

    Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

    Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Alabama, Birmingham
    Posts
    3,077
     

    Default

    To add to what Tony is saying, open the TRS19 Platinum launcher, click on Trainz Content, then click on the Purchased icon. Everything bound to your username is there for download. Don't miss getting the Additional TANE assets for TRS19 pack.

    William

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    6
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
    The best and easiest way is to simply redownload in-game in TRS19.

    Another option - copy your TANE local data folder, point the TRS19 build at the new folder, and run a db repair. (It sounds like this is the route you attempted, but without running the db repair).

    Trying to copy things manually will result in a mess of missing textures etc.
    Here is my question? My main drive C: is very small but I know that TANE and TRS 2019 installed folders in my users local file. My TANE and TRS2019 are on my F: drive and I also have TANE from Steam on my E: drive. When you say redownload I assume you mean going to file and then install purchased items from disk (since they are built in or payware routes in TANE)? If this is correct do I just point to my F: TANE folder when asked to do so? I tried that and it says failed to read package manifest. So what exactly do you mean redownload in game?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    6
     

    Default

    My problem may be that the deluxe edition may be Steam purchase and that is why it does not show under purchased content. I was able to get TANE version bought from Auran to import my Steam routes but does that make a difference in TRS 2019?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Crewe, Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    16,015
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bha19 View Post
    My problem may be that the deluxe edition may be Steam purchase and that is why it does not show under purchased content. I was able to get TANE version bought from Auran to import my Steam routes but does that make a difference in TRS 2019?
    All your DLC should appear in Content Store under Purchased which is where you download it from, regardless of where you bought it. All DLC comes from N3V servers.

    If you have no space on your C drive then install to another drive and move your local data folder to the same location before downloading anything, see Launcher Trainz Settings Install tab, where there is a button to access the instructions on how to move it. No need to clog up your C drive.
    Malc


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    6
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clam1952 View Post
    All your DLC should appear in Content Store under Purchased which is where you download it from, regardless of where you bought it. All DLC comes from N3V servers.

    If you have no space on your C drive then install to another drive and move your local data folder to the same location before downloading anything, see Launcher Trainz Settings Install tab, where there is a button to access the instructions on how to move it. No need to clog up your C drive.
    Thanks for all the help but:
    I tried everything you all said but the routes do not show up under purchased content. They do show as content I can purchase under the store tab If I bought TANE deluxe and other content on steam why would it show up on my Auran account in game?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •