Lost my route

lenscab

Well I am really sick now,,,,,I have been working on a route for weeks now and it has been a lot of hours and hard work but I deleted the file somehow and now I dont know what to do. I am thinking of giving it away Im that sick. I only do save not save as but somehow I got to get files building up so I thought I would get rid of a few and somehow I must have done one too many. So is it redeemable or shall I give up?.
Len

Well I am really sick now,,,,,I have been working on a route for weeks now and it has been a lot of hours and hard work but I deleted the file somehow and now I dont know what to do. I am thinking of giving it away Im that sick. I only do save not save as but somehow I got to get files building up so I thought I would get rid of a few and somehow I must have done one too many. So is it redeemable or shall I give up?.
Len

Al is not lost, you will have backups, someone with more knowledge on these matters will show how to retrieve them, leave well alone till then.

Len

So how did you lose your route?

If your route is in fact dispatched to bit heaven, there's a chance you can restore the route from backup.

Here are the steps in detail:

https://support.trainzportal.com/in...or-restoring-a-backup-version-of-your-content

Last edited:
Hi John,,, When I click on the name of my route about six come up that say default with a number and I thought I would get rid of them as they are growing and just leave the one but I must have left the wrong one. I think if I save in driver mode I get another file.
Len

Default is always a default session, if you are editing a route, then save Route but don't save Session that stops all the defaults appearing.

I am over the moon ......... I am like a dog with to tails..... yes you have guessed it,, I have my route back. I followed the url and instructions that Clam1952 gave me and found the backups and picked one that was a bit earlier in the day than when I finished and put it in the editing folder and then in CM developer and did the biz. I could eat a scabby cat.
I looked at your url John but it did not mention anything about the editing folder, sorry mate.
I have to say you guys are really great and I don't know what us thickies would do without you. Please keep it up and a very very big thankyou.
Len

Back