394 items Erased - Now available for download

boleyd

394 items Erased - Now available for download. In addition many other items were now missing for other reasons. Yes, I could have had a mental breakdown and madly erased these things. Or, somebody is once again making changes to the database. Just like a politician I am sure that will be denied and the customer must have done it.

No, I did not delete, or alter almost 400 items.

Had you done a DBR? I did a DDBR yesterday (after deleting some old beta routes) and I had the same. A lot of previously good routes now with missing assets "available for download." - This day and age with changes, previews, beta's, etc etc. I think this is perhaps now the normal? (Or perhaps your 394 items was due to something else?)

No, I was to angry to even consider that. Thanks for reminding me.

If I caused this then I ask that some protection be devised to keep idiots like myself from deliberately messing up the database. By the way, I also have 130,260 items showing that a new version is available. After 3 weeks of quarantine I had hoped for some stability from Trainz - a safe haven so to speak....

Last edited:
Hello and sorry for your loss ( not being snarky). Anyway sorry you're going through that and I've had my share of frustrations too, but not recently (thank God).
What version of TRAINZ so you use and did this happen when updating something, such as a new patch or going from TANE to 2019, for example ? Anything out of the norm that caused this ? For the record, I don't know what a DDBR is.

Deep Deluxe Database Repair was the solution. I should of had the consciousness to think of that but the world and my extended family takes some of the logic space. Anyhow everything was recovered. Thanks for the suggestions. I am on the Platinum version. Given the history of N3V my first instinct is not what I did, but what they did. Perhaps I need another sign beside Wash Your Hands, to Repair Your Database!

Deep Deluxe Database Repair

Deep Data Base Repair

Those who are puzzled, the official name is Extended Database Repair which takes a lot longer than a normal DBR. It is performed by holding down the Ctrl key while selecting the option Rebuild Database from the Developer menu.

pware... you caught me making up terms... I like "Deep DDR" so much better... sorry - didn't intend to confuse but you are correct of course. Extended DBR it is.

Back