Transferring routes between TRS19 Platinum and Standard

Laurinlaki

Script Developer
Hello folks :wave:

I have recently purchased TRS19 Platinum Edition, mostly to grab the included DLCs which I didn't yet have and less for the added features, nonetheless I still tried them out. One thing I'm loving very much is the DLC manager, I have so many DLCs installed on my standard edition although the built in content from the TRS19 world edition is all I need on a daily basis and the rest just if I want to specifically play with it, but conveniently managing them if you always have to look up the scXXX numbers is not very convenient, so most the time they just waste some disk space for me...

I already have a seperate installation of the Steam Version for playing Multiplayer which has only the World Edition content and the routes I play in MP, nothing more. I'd love to use Platinum as my singleplayer installation, however that raises a big question because disk space is limited and a well used Trainz installation quickly racks up +200 GB of content, so I want to keep the amount of concurrent installations low. I would like to make the Platinum my main installation for content production as well, but that raises a big question, is there 100% compatability with the normal version of TRS19 yet? I'm mostly concerned about routes and sessions, will those made in the Platinum build work correctly in the standard builds? Most people playing the things I make will continue to use the standard edition and I do not want to exclude them...

Anyone got any experience with this?

Greets, Mika

The routes should be compatible and you only need to avoid installing the payware you don't want to install in your vanilla installation. The only differences is the payware bundling in Platinum, and the new Surveyor/Driver option which is an interface chance and has nothing to do with the content. You can cancel the payware install in your vanilla install and turn off the option to bring up the download interface in the program. (I can't remember where and I'm not at my computer to check).

This brings me to a question. I have the Steam version of TRS19 and quite a bit of payware from steam and the Trainz store. If I purchase the platinum edition from Trainz store how do I get my steam payware in it? Do not want to purchase everything twice.

I regularly (daily) transfer a route I am working on in Platinum to SP1 and, on occasion, in the other direction as well. I have not encountered any problems in either case.

Apart from the different DLC bundles that may have been supplied with each TRS19 version (and I am including Trainz Plus in that) there is no difference in the content. The DLC differences can be avoided by not using any payware assets in your routes unless those assets are present in both the source and destination versions and you have no intention of uploading the routes to the DLS.

Well my biggest concern was that the two builds of the game might use slightly different file formats for saving routes and sessions. For example it is is not possible to backwards port a TRS19 route into T:ANE, and previous to SP1 for TRS19, bringing a route from the TrainzPlus builds into the normal versions of the game would result in a lack of trees...

This brings me to a question. I have the Steam version of TRS19 and quite a bit of payware from steam and the Trainz store. If I purchase the platinum edition from Trainz store how do I get my steam payware in it? Do not want to purchase everything twice.

That isn't really the topic of the thread, but your best bet would be contacting the Trainz Helpdesk. By default, DLCs purchased on Steam are only available in Steam versions of the game (as opposed to DLCs connected to your myTrainz account which you can use both on normal and Steam builds).

Greets, Mika

Well my biggest concern was that the two builds of the game might use slightly different file formats for saving routes and sessions. For example it is is not possible to backwards port a TRS19 route into T:ANE

The Route and Session assets created by both TRS19 SP1 and TRS19 Platinum (and I presume Trainz Plus as well) all have the same build number, 4.6, so they are fully compatible and interchangeable.

The only way that installing a route from one TRS19 version into another TRS19 version (including Trainz Plus) would result in "missing assets" would be because the source TRS19 installation had assets from 3rd party sites or Payware that the destination TRS19 installation did not have.

I have been using TRS 2019 Platinum on my desktop for my main development work, and TRS2019 SP1 on my laptop for testing, for a couple of months now. I have copied CDP files in both directions, and have not come across any issue doing this. I have also (out of curiosity) tried to load a TRS2019 SP1 generated CDP file into an install of the original TRS2019 (why wouldn't you, its also Build 4.6). No errors were reported, but the results were not good !

Since routes edited in TRS2019 SP1/Platinum are not compatible with the original TRS2019 build 4.6 release I wonder why the build number was not incremented to 4.7 for SP1?

Last edited:
I have been using TRS 2019 Platinum on my desktop for my main development work, and TRS2019 SP1 on my laptop for testing, for a couple of months now. I have copied CDP files in both directions, and have not come across any issue doing this. I have also (out of curiosity) tried to load a TRS2019 SP1 generated CDP file into an install of the original TRS2019 (why wouldn't you, its also Build 4.6). No errors were reported, but the results were not good !

Since routes edited in TRS2019 SP1/Platinum are not compatible with the original TRS2019 build 4.6 release I wonder why the build number was not incremented to 4.7 for SP1?

Original release wasn't exactly complete, best to avoid using it. No one should really be using it now. TRS19 Plus and Platinum are 4.6

Back