why can't the host save a session?

Foxbait

build 105175

my brother and I are new to this, played for hours only to find there was no way to save in multiplayer. Whats the point of having mp if you can't save, unless you have max player's to complete all the objectives. For future builds will this be a feature?

Could someone with experience in this game shine some light on this?

In TS12 Multiplayer worked great. What I did was have a computer running the session 24-7. People would join and work for awhile then come back later and continue where they left off. Since the main computer that the game was started on never shut down, when you came back your train was where you left it. That is of course that no one came on while you where gone an took it. We usually had about 5 to 6 at any one time playing from all over the world. I thing the most was 12 at one time. We started with UMR 2013 in April 2012 and ended with UMR 2014 in March 2016. It was a great time. In TS12 there was a section for multiplayer and you went there and could see all session running a could click on one and join if you had it installed. It does not work that way now so there is not a whole lot of people playing it.

Yeah it's not easy to join a mp session in Trainz 19, but once you know, it's pretty simple.

I guess, one of us could host it 24/7 leaving the PC running constantly. But I would rather have the option to save.

Hey Lewis, it's been a long time! I too left Trainz because Multiplayer was broken, along with a host of other things during the rebuild process. UMR was the greatest session/map I've ever played on a train simulator. Great multiplayer action! Lots of great people! Some people switching and setting up trains, others picking up the loaded trains and taking it to it's destination. What a huge route and yes, on 24/7. That was GREAT! You and the others did a great job on it! Wish it could come back like it was in the "old" days. Best of luck to you, Razor01.

Thanks Razor01 it is good to hear from the old group. Hope to someday be able to run it again 24/7, just need to by a new desktop to run it on.

Back