Is there a crash log somewhere I can look into?

buedi

Hi everyone,

I recently got myself Trainz 2019 Platinum. To get into some Multiplayer, I downloaded "Niddertalbahn Multiplayer TRS19, kuid2:299877:100001:2". After around a week now downloading this and all dependend assets from DRS, whenever I select this Route in Driver / Surveyor, no matter if I click on Edit or Drive session, Trainz immediately crashes back to desktop. Without any error message. I also did an extended repair of the asset database, but it did not change anything.

Is there an error log I can look into to find out why it is crashing? I hope I did not waste a week of downloading just get get... nothing out of it :confused:

I have seen a crashdump.dmp in the Data folder, but this one is in binary format and not readable by me. I hope someone can help.

Thanks in advance :wave:

Not sure if it will give you the info that you want but in the Launcher --> Trainz Settings --> Dev tab turn on the Log options.

Thank you! I did set all 4 logging options, but I was not able to find any files generated, neither in the %localappdata%\N3VGames folder, nor in the Trainz and Trainz Data folder.
When I open the Developer Show Logs / Show Profile Windows, they also crash together with the rest of the game. So if they would show something, I can not see it. All goes away just too quick :-(

Because of the long dowload time, I am sure I can not ask someone to try it out too with the same asset / session. But just in case someone has it, maybe he / she can try to load it in the current Trainz version to see if it is just like that?

That´s what I did now! Thank you very much for testing and confirming that the content itself is not the problem :)

Back