What makes the cars move on the roads.

pequeajim

I was wondering what makes the cars move on the roads? Is there a specific place to turn on/off traffic and what about the amount of traffic. Is there a setting for that?

Well you start by putting fuel in the tank, oil in the engine and a licenced driver in the driving seat .... Oppps, sorry, I got carried away.

Usually, the "drive-able carz" (which have to be configured to be mobile and not static) are added to a region asset but they can be added to a route directly.

The info you need is here - http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/HowTo/Add_Carz_Traffic_to_a_Route

Not all roads can carry cars. The road traffic is turned on or off (for those roads that can carry traffic) in the Environment Tools.

Now that carz are moving along the road, how can you tell the carz which lane to drive in. I have a 6 lane street. The carz only drive in the inner two lanes. I want them to drive in the outer four lanes only.

Didrik

I would suspect (without knowing for sure) that the answer to that is hard wired into the program code and would be a minefield to alter.

I have a 6 lane street. The carz only drive in the inner two lanes. I want them to drive in the outer four lanes only.

If your cars are not travelling in the highway lanes you want them to use then you are using the wrong highway. Which lanes the cars travel in is dictated by the type of road that is used for the lane. For the lanes where you want the cars to travel, use a road that includes cars.

If the cars only travel in some arbitrary predetermined lanes then you might be using a highway that has been built as a road instead of a highway. Multiple-lane highways should be built as mutliple attached roads, in order to ensure that each lane uses a road that is configured as required for that lane. See: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?154790-Highways-in-T-ANE&p=1773063#post1773063

If the highway has been built correctly then you can edit the asset to adjust which roads are used for which lanes. See: http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/"Attached-track"_container

Now that carz are moving along the road, how can you tell the carz which lane to drive in. I have a 6 lane street. The carz only drive in the inner two lanes. I want them to drive in the outer four lanes only.

Didrik

:)Yes I completely agree with this Guy, I do not like the carz always using the inner lanes either.
Then when a Car passes another it crosses over to the otherside of the Highway, thru the Center Guard.
The only way around this is I will need to make and Modify another set of Maddy's Highways and Mark them no Carz and then make some invisible purple Roads with Carz and Speed Limits and set them up that way.
If I have no Carz running in the Main Road Config, I then can place the Invisible Roads where I want them and the Carz will be turned on in the invisible Rd. Configs, and also I will need to set Speed Limits in the Invisible one way Roads.
The Carz will then look and perform perfectly.

Just keep a watch on the DLS for my next set of Modified Roads and the invisible Roads.
They will be listed as Jons Highways and other Jons Dependencies.

May take me a couple of week or more to get this done as I have that Nasty lower Intestinal Flu. and I do not know when I will be over it.:confused:
At least it is NOT the Corona 19 Virus, just a simple and Painful other typical Flu.:(
Cheers.

Last edited:
I have uploaded the Custom Highways for Traffic Control to the DLS for all of the Community to have and use.
You can now set your Traffic with the Carz on the outer Lanes for a more realistic Traffic look.
I made use of the Maddy's Roads with the Oneway invisible Roads to control what your Carz do and they also have several Seed Limits set.
Just remember to Draw Your Invisible Roads in the Opposite Direction of the Traffic flow for the correct Directions.
I have tested each and every one of them for proper function.
Free on the DLS in about 24 Hours or so. Enjoy!:)
Cheers to all.
jjeff1955

Back