How to add a connection circle to 6 lane road

lioritshiran

Hello,
I have YARNISH 6 lane highway with only one connection point at the middle.
I need to connect two 3 lane roads.
How can I add or change the 6 lane road to have two connection points?

PLS HLP
Lior

Open up the advanced panel for splines.

Look for the YARN-ish road splitter which is located in the scenery objects. You place that, attach the single-ended road on one and and the two separate roads on the other.

I have this object - "YARNish Divided Highway, L3.1 - L6 Adappter" and it doesn't work right. the lanes are opposite and cars are disappearing when arriving to it.
I tried to search for "YARN-ish road splitter" and NO resaults.
I'll be glad if you could point me to where I can get it from.
Or, advice of how to add connection circles to an existing road.
Thanks
Lior

Hello,
I have YARNISH 6 lane highway with only one connection point at the middle.
I need to connect two 3 lane roads.
How can I add or change the 6 lane road to have two connection points?

PLS HLP
Lior

The best way is the replace the six lane road with two three lane roads: Yarnish Divided Highway L3.1 Kuid 2:506208:100135:2

Be aware the three lane road is one way. For US traffic, the yellow line would be in the middle. You can overlay the roads so they look just like the six lane road.

You can bulk asset replace the six lane with a three lane and then just glue an opposite running three laner to the replacement.

Another advantage of two one-way three lane roads is that you can make a really nice divided highway.

The best way is the replace the six lane road with two three lane roads: Yarnish Divided Highway L3.1 Kuid 2:506208:100135:2

Be aware the three lane road is one way. For US traffic, the yellow line would be in the middle. You can overlay the roads so they look just like the six lane road.

You can bulk asset replace the six lane with a three lane and then just glue an opposite running three laner to the replacement.

Another advantage of two one-way three lane roads is that you can make a really nice divided highway.

Thanks for repling.
This is a good walk around.
But, is there a way to change / remodel the object (6 lane road) to have two more connecting circles???

Thanks
Lior

Thanks for repling.
This is a good walk around.
But, is there a way to change / remodel the object (6 lane road) to have two more connecting circles???

Thanks
Lior

For a scenery object, you will need to add attachment points using the Attachment point maker program by PEV's Tools.

For road splines, you can insert spline points anywhere as needed.

For a scenery object, you will need to add attachment points using the Attachment point maker program by PEV's Tools.

For road splines, you can insert spline points anywhere as needed.

So,
I did as suggested and used PEVSoft Attachment Maker, follow the instructions and also, paste the attachment IM file in the same folder as the object IM file and, changing, accordingly, the config file:

kuid <kuid2:117934:70006:1>
description "Lior 2L 1Way. The effective system load of this asset is 1576 polygons (76 from geometry, 1500 from textures)."
username "LiorRoad_1e"
trainz-build 2.9
kind "track"
category-class "SR"
category-era "2010s"
category-region "US"
author "lioritshiran"
organisation
contact-email ""
contact-website ""
license

mesh-table
{
{
mesh "liorroad_1e.im"
auto-create 1
}

attachments
{
mesh "attach_mesh.im"
auto-create 1
}
}

track
{
mesh-length 0.1

track-lod-tree
{
mesh "default"
}
}
istrack 0
isroad 1
carrate 2
traffic-speed 16.67
numlanes 2

thumbnails
{
{
image "thumbnail.jpg"
width 240
height 180
}
}

kuid-table
{
}

and still don't see the added attachment (yellow) circle.

PLS hLP
Thanks
Lior

Last edited:
So,
I did as suggested and used PEVSoft Attachment Maker, follow the instructions and also, paste the attachment IM file in the same folder as the object IM file and, changing, accordingly, the config file:

kuid <kuid2:117934:70006:1>
description "Lior 2L 1Way. The effective system load of this asset is 1576 polygons (76 from geometry, 1500 from textures)."
username "LiorRoad_1e"
trainz-build 2.9
kind "track"
category-class "SR"
category-era "2010s"
category-region "US"
author "lioritshiran"
organisation
contact-email ""
contact-website ""
license

mesh-table
{
{
mesh "liorroad_1e.im"
auto-create 1
}

attachments
{
mesh "attach_mesh.im"
auto-create 1
}
}

track
{
mesh-length 0.1

track-lod-tree
{
mesh "default"
}
}
istrack 0
isroad 1
carrate 2
traffic-speed 16.67
numlanes 2

thumbnails
{
{
image "thumbnail.jpg"
width 240
height 180
}
}

kuid-table
{
}

and still don't see the added attachment (yellow) circle.

PLS hLP
Thanks
Lior

As I do my research, and I hope that someone will make a tutorial on this issue, I understand that to get the resault I'm looking for I need to combine/fuse two diffrent objects.

As I've noticed the combination of road + some kind of invisible road fused together plus, adding in the config file, the attached-spline command, do the work.

So how can I achive that combination and create a new object from the other two?

Hi all,
I'm sorry to that I didn't found any resolution for hardcore tweaking assets.
So I've started from scratch and drew my own roads exactly as I wanted.
It is a tedious work and very time consuming task, but the result is very good.
view_media_post

Budapest-Line---DIY-Road-build.jpg

view_media_post

In my research, I've tried working with BLENDER to find that TRAINZ FOR BLENDER 2.8 is not available anywhere.
If anyone know the link to download this BLENDER TO TRAINZ V2.8 ADDON I'll be happy if it could be posted here.

Thanks,
Lior

Last edited:
Back