JR 53ft Trailers, are they Terrain or Scenery?

torino72

Past two days on DLS I've seen several JR 53ft Trainers by Yutzk that are shown as terrain rather than scenery. Will this kind cause them to not appear under the scenery tab in Surveyor?

They are Kind scenery, so will show in the Scenery tab in Surveyor. There is no such thing as Kind terrain.

I think the reason the DLS web page describes them as "terrain features" is that the creator assigned them to category-class XFC (which is meant for rolling stock, intermodal) instead of perhaps the more logical VL (vehicle, land-based). Kind scenery cannot act like rolling stock in the game, even if the asset represents something that is used for intermodal transport in real life. "Terrain features" must be the DLS's default description when it is confused by conflicts between Kind and category-class.

Last edited:
I definitely havent done any updates to this myself so it might just be the DLS doing something weird or re-classing them. Those trailers are at least 5 to 6 years old now at this point.

I definitely havent done any updates to this myself so it might just be the DLS doing something weird or re-classing them. Those trailers are at least 5 to 6 years old now at this point.

The author of these recent road trailer uploads is Yutzk, even though they each have “JR” as a prefix in their titles. Are they re-skins of your original models? If so, is that OK with you?

The author of these recent road trailer uploads is Yutzk, even though they each have “JR” as a prefix in their titles. Are they re-skins of your original models? If so, is that OK with you?
To clear the waves, Yutzk is Kevin, JR's support guy. We're well aware of them.

To clear the waves, Yutzk is Kevin, JR's support guy. We're well aware of them.

Yeah i shouldve been clear, Im yutzk as well, aka Kevin aka JR Support guy. They were mine and were done years ago, not sure who or what changed recently but it definitely wasnt me doing it.

Yeah i shouldve been clear, Im yutzk as well, aka Kevin aka JR Support guy. They were mine and were done years ago, not sure who or what changed recently but it definitely wasnt me doing it.

The assets obsoleted the trailers I have installed. Since other "JR" content was uploaded to the DLS, I assumed it was you or someone from Jointed Rail that updated the assets.

The assets obsoleted the trailers I have installed. Since other "JR" content was uploaded to the DLS, I assumed it was you or someone from Jointed Rail that updated the assets.

Yeah pretty sure it wasnt any of us either. I know others do content maintanence and "update" others assets so maybe that was what was done here?

Back