TANE builtin trees all missing foliage!

Chelsea4884

All my Auran builtin speed trees display no foliage in TANE. The first tree I placed showed foliage for a few seconds before it disappeared forever. It is summer, my snow elevation is high. Some other speed trees display nicely, such as CL & rmm. I am amazed I cannot find any mention of this phenomenon on the forum. I am confounded.

I'd say you have a corruption in some files. Certainly never heard of anything like it, so I'd say a DBR is called for. In fact I'd suggest a full DBR by selecting the CTRL key when clicking the data base repair. That should take about an hour, and if that doesn't solve it, more help will be needed.

More likely a season issue. Check you're in the northern hemisphere lat/long if using April as the date. If the in-game date is right, possibly something weird with your system date. You could also try moving the ingame calendare 6 months as that would confirm if it is working correctly.

I'll try the database rebuild. I have cycled carefully and slowly through all months. Other seasonal assets behave as expected. Not these trees.

No good. My seasonal trees all remain nekked. Other speedtrees, such as the famous LC and rmm look great, but do not change with seasons, or drop their leaves when snowy. So sad. If I want truly seasonal appearance, does this mean I am limited to creating scenery on multiple layers? :(

Looks like a system issue on my end. Your Canadian Praries route led me to some useable tree series that load more reliably on my system. Still, occasionally, when a group of trees drops its leaves in winter, there is some die-off: when spring returns, some individual instances will not leaf out! My forests look blighted. Alas! Time to upgrade RAM.

Back