TRC Crossing with Trainz 2019

pequeajim

I've got the crossings working but I notice some peculiar behaviour. If I am running a single engine through at around 5mph, the crossing gate lifts before the engine is all the way through. I've set the front and rear detection on the trigger to 100 and it is pointing at the crossing. The trigger is located about 50 feet away?

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Hi

I believe that the trigger only detects the approach of the train and the release is coded in the script and can't be adjusted. Your problem is probably due to the slow speed of the loco over the crossing. Perhaps the trigger point for the release is set up for faster line speeds as I've never had any issues such as this with faster trains.

If this is a big problem for you then it might be better to use an ATLS crossing control for this one where you have triggers for both open and close. You can also set up the approach triggers to only react to the priorities of trains so you can have separate approach triggers for fast and slow trains (or you could the last time I used ATLS).

Regards

Brian

Hi

I believe that the trigger only detects the approach of the train and the release is coded in the script and can't be adjusted. Your problem is probably due to the slow speed of the loco over the crossing. Perhaps the trigger point for the release is set up for faster line speeds as I've never had any issues such as this with faster trains.

If this is a big problem for you then it might be better to use an ATLS crossing control for this one where you have triggers for both open and close. You can also set up the approach triggers to only react to the priorities of trains so you can have separate approach triggers for fast and slow trains (or you could the last time I used ATLS).

Regards

Brian

This is in an industrial section where the track speed is typically much slower. Maybe I'll set up an Atlas crossing in the same spot to see what difference it makes.

Last edited:
Back