Today's Score: City & Country USA 384 - British Midlands 312

C_Blabsky

Count em...The routes titled City and Country USA (with variations) totals 384. It's earliest date on DLS is 13 Feb, 2012. Made with LightsOut56 in TS12. Relatively small, the big expansion and the SantaFe loco comes in 2014. "Run your freightwagons."

Although less in number, British Midlands has an earlier showing, appearing by gwpmason 18 March. 2004 made with Trainz Service Pack 3, based on Auran 2004. However, the "Simple yet elegant" TS12 version by adrianfaraon1 shows up 13th February, 2012.

Now maybe we should compile downloads.

Wadalbavale has quite a few listings as well. There are also many more clones which are renamed original routes and usually containi the original screenshot and description.
Test Route at one stage became almost viral as did autosave.

Clone rubbish from mobile versions. Good luck finding the original version. Rosworth Vale is another one that has suffered the attack of the clones.

Last edited:
Auran, and then N3V, have often stated that they welcome these uploads and place no restrictions on them. They are quick and easy ways for newbies to learn the ropes of modifying exiting routes and sessions, creating new sessions for a ready made route and then uploading them to the DLS. A good strategy in my opinion.

I just never notice them. Simples!

There has also been someone saving multiple sessions every day. Don't know what for, they are just numbered or something. So is becoming people's junk backup site really what N3V wants? People can back up their own copies of routes and sessions without junking up the DLS. I notice them because I am looking for good routes and sessions, but I am pretty much limited to routes that are by people I know here on the forums and sessions that actually say what route they are for. I pretty much have to assume everything else here is junk.

Just a little 'Stay in your Homes' humor, born of too much sifting through the DLS.

Seriously, though, I heartily agree with there being a repository for a decade of Trainz content. I've spent much of the last few weeks looking at how routes are put together, and many happy hours exploring.

Filter out trainzbuild 3.8 to remove all mobile routes.

I was wondering exactly how you could do that given that the only build number filter available is "Minimum build version".

MINIMUM BUILD VERSION 3.9 would exclude all asset builds up to and including 3.8, so 3.8 builds would not appear nor would any builds below 3.8.

... which may not be what you want. Another promising filter ...

AND NOT
MINIMUM BUILD VERSION 3.8 would exclude all asset builds 3.8 and above.

Again, perhaps not what you want.

I finally settled on a combination of the two...

AND NOT
MINIMUM BUILD VERSION 3.8
OR
MINIMUM BUILD VERSION 3.9

... which worked. All asset builds EXCEPT 3.8 were shown. Thus filtering out build 3.8 assets.

Last edited:
I finally settled on a combination of the two...

AND NOT
MINIMUM BUILD VERSION 3.8
OR
MINIMUM BUILD VERSION 3.9

... which worked. All asset builds EXCEPT 3.8 were shown. Thus filtering out build 3.8 assets.

Thanks for that tip! I've been using "minimum build" filter but would have never thought of that. The tool obviously doesn't build boolean filters as I thought it did (scope of boolean operators). - But then, it's been 45 years since I had my logic course :)

Yes, thanks for that guys, I will give that a try!

Hmmm. Filter appears to be a drop-down list in CM. Not able to paste that in?

Last edited:
Three filters automatically appear. Off to the right are + and - check boxes. If you click the + another line will appear.

In reply to the above thread topic "Today's Score: City & Country USA 384 - British Midlands 312"
Assuming City & Country USA counting 384 creations and,
British Midlands counting 312 creations available online the download station.
Well yes so many creations from other Trainz members, that have gone out of their way to practically upgrade an old route that say worked well in TRS 2004 but didn't fully work in TS12.
Over the years so many changes to the Trainz product and many dependencies upgraded for the newer product range.
Expanding, improving and substituting older kuid dependencies in freeware routes for better ones is enhancing the game play for others to enjoy.
Some Trainz members just want to download a route and session and just jump in the cab and drive without any errors showing up in the Content Manager.
Still have not got rid of all the yellows shown in the v3.7 Content Manager list, don't suppose we never will.
Recommend that one should have a go using the merge route tool in surveyor mode, in order to make that simulated railroad trip in the cab at lot longer and more challenging.

Some Trainz members just want to download a route and session and just jump in the cab and drive without any errors showing up in the Content Manager.

Well at least you have a higher chance of doing that in TS2012 than the latest offerings.
Perhaps the biggest improvement between TS2012 and TS2004 is the track. Otherwise most buildings remain much the same as they did in TS2004 and TS2006 and even still turn up unchanged in TS2019's DLC routes. A lot of the nice looking billboard trees in TS2009 3.1 were ruined when 'upgraded' to TS2010 and TS2012, - and at least it's now possible to get rid of the strange looking Speedtrees in TS2012 and replace them with much better offerings. There's certainly some much better ground textures available for TS2012 now too.
I still have more than a few 'yellows' in my long running install of TS2012, but unless I feel particularly motivated to upgrade an asset to 3.7 I just leave them be. TS2012's big advantage is that it just does exactly what it says on the tin and it works, - and it will never never never get 'upgraded' and turn into a nightmare.

So many of the different versions of these routes we see are because the route-layer contain locos/rolling stock and any change prompts a clone.

Highland Valley Industries 128 route versions.

I remember the original I think in TRS2004.

Long live Cee Bee.

Back