TRC Crossing Activation When In Idle

geno1005

I'm a huge fan of the TRC crossing gates, etc. I have a challenge in switching areas on my layouts. When using the realistic control option, whenever I return the throttle to the Idle position, the gates go back up, usually until the train occupies the road crossing. Reverser is still in forward...train is still moving forward at the same speed...but the gates go back up.

I can go back into notch 1 and they go back down. I've tried this both with and without the 'stay open' command without impact.

I have a couple of crossings that are very near industries that require the train to enter the crossing during the move. I am currently forced to either watch the gates to back up, or come screaming out of the industry and slide to a stop! 8:) Even leaving the locomotive in the first notch makes the train go far too fast. I have applied the brakes while keeping the throttle engaged, but that pretty much defeats the purpose of using the realistic cab settings in the first place.

Same with mainlines where the train is going downhill.

I have this same problem on every layout I have built. Are there any 'work arounds' out there?

Thanks

Geno

Back