TRS19 Track Markers

Chadd04

Knuckle Shuffling
For some reason I can not place track markers. My game just freezes. Anyone else have this issue? I have the latest version and i have run data base repairs several times.

1) I assume you're trying to create a session? Off hand, no idea.

2) Have you done a FULL DBR, as this is liekly to pick up some problem missed by the normal short DBR. Hold down the CTRL kep when clicking on the DBR. This could take about an hour to complete.

Check that the layer containing the track is unlocked. It is usually the route-layer but it could be whatever layer was active when you added the track (that is one of the "issues" with TANE and TRS19). Also check that the currently active layer is the same layer as the track (e.g. the route-layer).

Yep all of that checks out. Im starting to think TRS19 is trash. This game freezes all the time. The latest thing is if in surveyor i bring up the session menu, then try to edit something it freezes again. I never had this many issues with TANE.

If TANE runs well on your computer then so should TRS19. Other things that have cropped up with these sorts of problems (which I have not experienced running TRS19 Platinum and SP1 on two different computers) are:-

• Video card drivers not up to date.
  • Antivirus program checking everything that TRS19 loads or accesses - exclude the TRS19 folders from antivirus real time and other scans

Obviously if it froze for everyone, then it would be widely reported and you could call it trash. However, for everyone else, trackmarks work without freezing, therefore we need to narrow down why your experience is different.

Try changing the performance settings to see if that has any effect (e.g. Shaders = Standard).
If the problem isn't hardware related, then it may be content related.
Does it happen on a blank baseboard with one track and one trackmark?
If not, then it could be related to your route rather than the game.

I would check your settings for virtual memory. Just search for "how do I change the size of virtual memory" in the search box under the start button. I had a very similar problem in TRS19 and I found my settings were very low when letting Windows manage them. If you have the hard drive space available, I would increase the space to the max recommended on the system drive and also setup a page file on the drive that TRS19 is installed on of the max amount recommended. This made TRS19 run like a top. (That was a non-digital toy for anyone younger than 50.:hehe:)

William

Obviously if it froze for everyone, then it would be widely reported and you could call it trash. However, for everyone else, trackmarks work without freezing, therefore we need to narrow down why your experience is different.

Try changing the performance settings to see if that has any effect (e.g. Shaders = Standard).
If the problem isn't hardware related, then it may be content related.
Does it happen on a blank baseboard with one track and one trackmark?
If not, then it could be related to your route rather than the game.

Yep even a single base board with one piece of track freezes.
Everything is up to date. I turned many of the settings down low. I can place track, buildings, trains, textures, etc. As soon as i try to place a track mark the game freezes. I also can not use the ? on the track as it will freeze the game too. So does trying to edit the session settings.

You didn't confirm specially that you've done a FULL DBR? Clearly you have a problem that no-one else does.

Chadd04 - Suggest use Content Manager to run both 'Faulty' (asset) and 'Out of Date' custom filters on all your installed items.
ID any that need to be updated or fixed.
Remedy those.
Then try applying a track mark again...

Hi

Another possibility is a Win 10 issue. When MSGSapper created his loading tracks a few months ago I couldn't get a consist to Navigate to them while no one else seemed to have a problem. I suspected Win 10 as there had just been an update installed. At the time I couldn't be bothered to reinstall Win 10 just to try to cure this one issue as every other program was running fine.

A couple of months ago my C:/ drive failed which obviously meant a new drive and clean install of Win 10. Since then the loading tracks have worked just fine. I have no idea what the problem was but it would have been very easy to blame TRS19 for something that had nothing to do with it.

Regards

Brian

Back