Thread: Field of View

Default Field of View

Greetings, everyone

I got sick of T:ANE's bad weather effects (it's not supposed to be sunny when it's pouring!) and have been impressed with what I've seen from Trainz 2019 in terms of rendering scenes. One complaint I have with Trainz 2019 is that I can't seem to change the "field of view" or perspective of my screen like you could in A New Era (Ctrl+mouse scroll would change the "perspective", I liked it zoomed all the way in because to me that makes everything look the most realistic). I've included screenshots of what this looks like in A New Era but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do the same thing in Trainz 2019. Someone please tell me they didn't axe that feature!

This is the zoomed in view-

This is the zoomed out view-

Like I said, please tell me they didn't get rid of this function because I might just uninstall Trainz 2019 right now if they did, that would be very disappointing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BrianPacos View Post
    I got sick of T:ANE's bad weather effects (it's not supposed to be sunny when it's pouring!) and have been impressed with what I've seen from Trainz 2019 in terms of rendering scenes
    I think that you will find that "sunny rainstorms" (we do get them here down under) have not changed in TRS19.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianPacos View Post
    One complaint I have with Trainz 2019 is that I can't seem to change the "field of view" or perspective of my screen like you could in A New Era (Ctrl+mouse scroll would change the "perspective".
    I never noticed that so I tried it (Ctrl + mouse scroll wheel) in TANE - its a terrible effect! It was like riding a bicycle with a wheel that was always jamming and that is on a machine with a GTX1050Ti. I checked the TANE keyboard map and there was nothing about using the Ctrl key with the mouse scroll wheel.

In TRS19 using the Ctrl key with the mouse scroll wheel works just like it does without the Ctrl key - a blessing. Using the Shift key with the wheel slows the movement right down.

Sorry to bring the bad news (unless I am totally wrong - a common occurrence) but I certainly won't be uninstalling TRS19 just because that "feature" is missing.

My opinions.
    TRS19 Platinum 105100 - TRS19 SP1 (standard) 105096 - TANE SP4 105766

To use FOV in TRS19 SP1 and upward versions, go into the control settings and scroll until you find an option called "Field of view modifier". It will be unassigned by default. Simply assign whatever key you want to hold down in combination with the scroll wheel to adjust the FOV like you could before.

Greets, Mika
    German route builder working on the Central Europe route project

"It's always more fun to share with everyone" - Jack Johnson

Blog Entries

Thanks for that Mika.

That's one of many things I like about Trainz, no matter how long you have been using it, there is always something new to learn - or something that has always been there but you never noticed before.

United States of America, California, Port Hueneme

I am missing something: I see the Field of view modifier. And it says None and None. That is an indication that this control is not there anymore? In the real World (of mine), the scroll wheel zooms the image !?? A clarification is in order..

Blog Entries

It says none because there is no key assigned to action it. You need to add one.

Otherwise in the settings under general I think there is a slider for FOV

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scratchy View Post
    It says none because there is no key assigned to action it. You need to add one.
    Correct. I just tried it. I had to use the Left Alt key because the Ctrl key was already taken by something else (it was shown in Red when I initially selected it). Just highlight the Primary Key entry (shown as "none") and press the Left Alt key.

Then back in Surveyor I tried it by holding down the left Alt key and moving the mouse scroll wheel and it worked.

United States of America, California, Port Hueneme

What you are saying is that these "None" are configurable keys. User selected. Have I read about this somewhere else? mmmm. No, I haven't seen anything about this in the Wiki or anywhere else.. Anyhow, thank you..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by llebrez View Post
    What you are saying is that these "None" are configurable keys. User selected.
    Yes, The label "none" simply means that the user, you, have not yet configured them to a particular key.

United States of America, Alabama, Birmingham

Are you sure that is correct??? I thought the "none" key was right next to the "any" key as in "Press any key to continue".

Sorry, too many years of doing tech support.

William

I have some assigned keys coloured red in the control settings window in my TANE. What that does mean?

Quote Originally Posted by JAGG View Post
    I have some assigned keys coloured red in the control settings window in my TANE. What that does mean?
    Red means that key is already in use as stated in #7 above. Select another key/combination for the command.
    Win10: ASUS B450M-A/CSM, GTX 1060-6 Windforce
    TRS19 SP1(plus), 106618(plus), 106618(+beta)

Red colored keys aren't a problem, if they are used in a different context.

Peter

Different context within the game or outside the game in OS? I have Alt+C marked red and it works for me only in cab mode for example.

Different context in the game. Like same key combination having a different use in driver and surveyor.

Peter