Trainz Plus 2020 Q1 Release Candidate - 106618

In this build why when something happens in game ( post 18 ) or a copy paste fouls up and is deleted and redone
A spline doesn't delete properly and then repaired by undo redo for example you eventually save and exit the game .

This time I was replacing textures and filling using selected area it saved and shut down as usual but something must have happened during the save & exit

Then until you do a DBR did it at least 5 times

then you go back in ( use changes or revert ) choose use changes do some more work save and exit .

then you go back in ( use changes or revert ) choose use changes do some more work save and exit .

After a DBR it was ok again but with missing dependencies which weren't there before it all started to play up

Use changes or revert message will always show after a crash (or whenever the route is open for edit in CM). It is giving the option to check which version of the route you want to use. It will only stop showing after you save the route (or save as).

Check this article for more info:
https://support.trainzportal.com/in...or-restoring-a-backup-version-of-your-content
and here
http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php?title=Help:Restoring_Content

A db repair probably isn't going to help in this particular case.

The game never physically crashed it was saved and exited as normal before the problem started on next start up
The route was saved each time but the option at next start kept coming up until

EXT DBR done and it looks fine again after re downloading a few missing dependencies
now opening and closing as it should

Dave

Heres another one after using the fill area tool again.

Filled some areas using ( selected area ) and ( current section ) then
placed a few ground objects which refused to rotate ( dial was showing rotation ) although nothing was happening as well as not being able to move them
Did a EXT DBR and then had missing dependencies which weren't there before
All had the same dependency missing although it was installed
another DBR but still saying it's mission

EDIT -- There are now 55 items in all showing the same missing dependency I have tried to delete and re download some of them but they remain the same

Last edited:
I installed version 106618 without issue.

When I tried to Edit Route my BCSJ-507 route Surveyor whirred away for about the time period I'd expect a route load/prep to take, then abruptly crashed to desktop.

I was able to Edit Route BCSJ-501. The difference that seemed to make a difference is that version 501 has no Ehanced Interlocking Tower objects in it (or EITpathtriggers).

Route users with 106618 discovered that uninstalling the TRC3 enhanced interlocking tower from the database allowed the BCSJ-507 route to load, edit, and run.

N3V support refused to even take a look at the issue (we don't support 3rd party assets).

I also have noted that several procedural turnouts (using TRS19 SAP U.S. Track xxx family track assets) that were deemed kosher in 105100 now have a red circle on the turnout points and frog/wing rails/guard rails/extended turnout ties are not appearing.

Support suggests that the procedural turnout code "may" have become more presnickity about correct turnout geometry or that the code that generates the turnout have have "changed slightly".

I sure don't want to go chasing red turnout point circles every time I switch to a new version of Trainz.

Cheers (if you have any left...)

Horace Fithers

I have re installed the game and route i was working on all OK now
I had to change about 30 odd configs
The missing kuid problems ( post 28 ) wasn't a missing kuid but the wrong kuid in the config file
I have since downloaded a couple of assets from the DLS and found the same problem
This is what is causing the problem

bridgetrack <kuid:-10:137>

instead of

{
useadjoiningtracktype 1
track <kuid:-25:1182>

Each one was saying missing dependencies and showing -25:1182 as missing but the config only had -10:137 in it
after changing it all now work fine error free without missing dependencies.

Well I've discovered an issue with portals in this release.

Clicking on portals takes a "very long time" before anything pops up and the program is frozen solid until the portal opens up. Adding or adjusting a consist is also very slow, but once loaded scrolling is okay.

To confirm it had nothing to do with my own route, I was able to confirm this is a bug by testing in a blank route called A TEST Route. There is no other content other than what I test and I periodically clean it up since it's a scratch route specific for this purpose.

We're unable to repro this John - which KUIDs? Anything else required in the test (e.g. length of train etc?)

We're unable to repro this John - which KUIDs? Anything else required in the test (e.g. length of train etc?)

Thanks for getting back to me. I'll dig further. I do have a lot of saved consists and some are quite long. I wonder if this might be the problem? I can do some pruning and trimming and find out.

Please return this function. Without it, there is a blur and long texture loads. 3-5 seconds to wait.
This function was in build 105096, but not in build 106618 PLUS!

Thanks for getting back to me. I'll dig further. I do have a lot of saved consists and some are quite long. I wonder if this might be the problem? I can do some pruning and trimming and find out.

I found some issues with a rule that was causing a problem with the portals. I'll be contacting the author about it separately. As I was testing, I had a hard crash in TRS19 that I could not recover from and I ended up doing an EDR. After further checking content, including a recent update, I removed the offending rule, and things came back to normal. By then it was 2:44 am and I needed sleep, but at least I got things working again!

RE: Texture streaming - "Without it, there is a blur and long texture loads. 3-5 seconds to wait."

There have been some significant changes under the hood regarding streaming. Please provide the exact steps that lead to the wait you are seeing for textures to render at full resolution.

Does it happen on specific items only?
Specific routes only?
(It would be good to do your testing in the builtin maps and include the camera movements, locations etc, along with screenshots and times it takes to render).
If you jump from one location to another only? (rather than using roaming view)?
What happens if you jump back again - does it delay the second time?
Are there any precaching messages showing when the delay occurs?

Asset looses setting when exiting game

<kuid2:60697:23000:1> Configurable Invisible Speedboard
I have set this up a couple of times now in this build I have set this up as dual track for a junction and set the individual speeds 60kph & 40kph for each direction
After saving and exiting the game it has reset to single track and always showing 65kph

Asset looses setting when exiting game

<kuid2:60697:23000:1> Configurable Invisible Speedboard
I have set this up a couple of times now in this build I have set this up as dual track for a junction and set the individual speeds 60kph & 40kph for each direction
After saving and exiting the game it has reset to single track and always showing 65kph

Try setting them in the session instead of the route.

Back