Tutorial 8 track problem

When I am approaching the first tunnel in Tutorial 8 the track is whacked and the train derails. Any one else have this problem and know how to fix it?

Thanks.

Yes, I posted it farther down this forum. I got a response from Zec, but he said they could not duplicate it. It appears to be a session-layer issue as the route itself does not have it. I ran into a similar issue in Tutorial 5, where the track is broken on both ends of the same tunnel, but the first break is far enough back and mild enough that the train actually manages to navigate both breaks.

Edit: I don't think we can fix it, because it is a built-in session and built-in assets.

Last edited:
Yeah, I saw your post and was going to tack this on but then decided a new thread would be better. I figured it would be something as you described since I didn't have any issues with tutorial 5. I guess I'll just never be able to stop my train ;)

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have the exact same problem. Just got the Trainz 2019 Platinum and having fun with the Tutorials... up to #8 :(

This is how the entry into the tunnel looks like.
yyRnnEP
https://imgur.com/yyRnnEP

I really hope this can be fixed.

Yep. That image is it exactly. I hope they can duplicate this and Tutorial #5 and fix them in an update. A lot of new users want those tutorials to learn how things work!

I have 2019 Platinum and found the same issues. When restarting and trying the tutorial again, the issue can appear in different parts of the tutorial. I eventually got through without any misplaced track after I reduced the performance settings down from ultra to high or low. I have no idea why the performance settings would affect this though. Suspect it was just coincidental. I am using Win 10-64b 16gb and NVIDIA GTX1050TI 4gb

I lowered my settings from Ultra to High in both the launcher (restartt required) and in the session video settings. Tutorial 8 changed not at all. Still kinked right at the tunnel entrance and not driveable at all.

Edit - I deleted a screenshot of Tutorial 5 as once I restarted TRAINZ again after changing the session settings, it was OK. Tutorial 8 was not however, the kink abides...

Last edited:
Hi all - thanks for your comments - just purchased 2019 Platinum, and working my way thru the tutorials. Had the same problems with #5 and #8 - derailed me few times, even at 4mph! The only way to finish #8 was to drive between 4 and 6 mph, and to drive thru the last tunnel thru the trees and bushes, until the track reappeared. Very frustrating that this problem hasn’t been addressed yet. Taking the fun out of learning how to operate properly. Cheers!

Back