Portal Problems

I am having a few problems with portals. First, I set portals to produce trains and set the trains to navigate to another portal, but the trains exit the portals and just stop. Also, how do I get loaded trains to come out of portals?

Thanks in advance!
PennsyFan17

Fan17 --

It might be that they can't find a path to the next portal. Perhaps a switch is missing a switchstand somewhere? Perhaps you aren't using Track Markers to guide the AI trainz to the next portal?

I use rule "Central Portal Control" and a series of Track Marks to guide the AI. The combination generally works -- generally but not always. Perhaps consider downloading one of my "Rivercide" sessions to see how the Track Marks are positioned and how CPC is configured.

Loading. There are several "Instant Load" commands on the Download Station. I've had some bad experiences in the past. My recommendation, at this stage until I've done more testing in TRS19, is to get the consist to fully exit the portal, stop at a Track Mark then Instant Load before moving onwards.

Hope this helps,
Phil

I'm using the asset "portal" which looks like a tunnel that tapers off at the back. I'm going to try switching them out for one of the other styles of portals and see if that works.

Does some sort of Start rule to run the clock need to be going? Also, I find that the portals don't always bring back trains scheduled to return / alternate portal entry if they go in before a save.

I'll make two suggestions:

1. Try a Rivercide session. See if AI trainz are being emitted from the appropriate portal. If not you have a problem that perhaps an Extended Database Repair might correct.

2. Try constructing a very basic layout. Just two portals connected by a section of track. See if this works. If it don't then either you are not setting up the portal correctly. Or you need to do either a Database Repair or you might consider the extreme solution of reinstalling TRS19.

Me -- I think you aren't configuring the portal that emits trainz correctly. Which is why I suggested the first as a check. Reinstalling is not the recommended solution.

Phil

Ok I got the portals to work - CPC only works with portals that existed before the session was created apparently. I had added these portals to a preexisting session. I started a new session and the portals are emitting trains as expected. The one problem I am still having is the instantload. I configured the instantload like you suggested Phil, it executes the instantload command but does not move on to the next command.

Nevermind....... I am still have problems. The portals are not emitting any trains and every once in a while the message "CPC no consists" pops up on my screen. What is the problem?

I think your problem is adding portals at the session level. I would have thought these are designed to be added to a route, and I have no problems with them, no doubt because they are added to the route, not the session. If I get a chance I'll test adding them to a session, but no promises on time as I'm doing too many projects as it is.

I purposely went back and added the portals to the route and not the session. They may still be on the session layer though for some reason. Let me check

Yes they are all on the route layer. However, CPC is not built into the default session. I did this on purpose in case I wanted to have different CPC settings for different sessions. Do you think this is the problem?

Back