TRS19 has been crashing... a lot...

I am running TRS19 build 100240 and I get CTDs as well. But mine are the result of mouse movements only. Here is what just happened: Added a section of track, mouse cursor movement, mouse click. No problem. Move the mouse slightly to choose "straighten track", and before I could click the icon, I suffered a CTD. I have one of these CTDs every so often, and always upon mouse movement, before I click. And not limited to any particular movement to a specific icon.

How could a mere mouse movement cause a CTD? Anyone else experience these?

I am running TRS19 build 100240 and I get CTDs as well. But mine are the result of mouse movements only. Here is what just happened: Added a section of track, mouse cursor movement, mouse click. No problem. Move the mouse slightly to choose "straighten track", and before I could click the icon, I suffered a CTD. I have one of these CTDs every so often, and always upon mouse movement, before I click. And not limited to any particular movement to a specific icon.

How could a mere mouse movement cause a CTD? Anyone else experience these?

That's an odd one to say the least. I wonder if this is related to your video drivers. Have you updated anything recently, or still running an older driver that needs updating?

That's an odd one to say the least. I wonder if this is related to your video drivers. Have you updated anything recently, or still running an older driver that needs updating?

John

Have not tinkered with anything you mentioned. Here is what I have:

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]NVIDIA System Information report created on: 04/23/2020 10:54:38
System name: DESKTOP-3R117OL[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif][Display]
Operating System: Windows 10 Home, 64-bit
DirectX version: 12.0
GPU processor: GeForce GTX 970
Driver version: 432.00
Driver Type: Standard
Direct3D API version: 12
Direct3D feature level: 12_1
CUDA Cores: 1664
Core clock: 1101 MHz
Memory data rate: 7.01 Gbps
Memory interface: 256-bit
Memory bandwidth: 224.32 GB/s
Total available graphics memory: 12253 MB
Dedicated video memory: 4096 MB GDDR5
System video memory: 0 MB
Shared system memory: 8157 MB
Video BIOS version: 84.04.36.00.59

If you see anything squirrelly, your advice will be appreciated.
[/FONT]

I also seem to also be having an inordinate number of sporadic crash-to-desktops (CTDs) as well in build 106618 when in Surveyor. They seem to result when I am using either delete or move in the objects tab (F3). I have also seen this when using the search filter and try to remove an item from the filter by dragging it off the filter. The CTDs seem fairly random with no single cause that I can pin point beyond what I have said here.

Bob

"I also seem to also be having an inordinate number of sporadic crash-to-desktops (CTDs) as well in build 106618 when in Surveyor." I too have had this happen to me. I zoomed out and rotated at the same time and zoomed right to desk top. Other things too like named above.

You don't think they made SP1 unstable on purpose to artificially increase sales of Trainz Plus subscriptions?

I recommend checking your assets in particular Driver rules.

When I first installed SP1, I was plagued by a bunch of crashes which took me awhile to figure out. I found out I had two versions of the Central Portal Control installed. I deleted the older, non-TANE SP3 and up version and guess what I no longer have crashes.

I've been refilling my new database with all the different DLC I've gotten and I had a question - is there any risk to importing a route I had been working on that presumably would be the home of any corrupt assets? Or would those assets be dependencies that I could redownload?

I've been refilling my new database with all the different DLC I've gotten and I had a question - is there any risk to importing a route I had been working on that presumably would be the home of any corrupt assets? Or would those assets be dependencies that I could redownload?

There shouldn't be a problem, I don't think, but I would copy the whole content folder to a backup location first if you're unsure. You are correct the dependencies associated with the route will have to be downloaded again. The route its self contains no assets other than the route. The assets are referred to by location on the route as dependencies just as there are dependencies in any other asset.

I recommend checking your assets in particular Driver rules.

When I first installed SP1, I was plagued by a bunch of crashes which took me awhile to figure out. I found out I had two versions of the Central Portal Control installed. I deleted the older, non-TANE SP3 and up version and guess what I no longer have crashes.

The only version I have installed in my Trainz Plus is, and it is shown as built-in: <kuid2:117746:1013:9> Central Portal Control

What is interesting is that this item is shown as build 3.8, which according to the following URL is for Trainz Simulator 2 (Mac):

http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/"trainz-build"_number

I did a search on the the DLS White Pages and the only versions available are:

<KUID2:117746:1013:9>
<KUID2:117746:1013:7>

I do not see a T:ANE version.

Bob

The only version I have installed in my Trainz Plus is, and it is shown as built-in: <kuid2:117746:1013:9> Central Portal Control

What is interesting is that this item is shown as build 3.8, which according to the following URL is for Trainz Simulator 2 (Mac):

http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/"trainz-build"_number

I did a search on the the DLS White Pages and the only versions available are:

<KUID2:117746:1013:9>
<KUID2:117746:1013:7>

I do not see a T:ANE version.

Bob

Yup my typo and brain fart, sorry!

It should be the Quick Portal Manager. you want only these two going forward.

<kuid2:61392:5011:51> Quick Portal Manager standard edition (SP4 and later)
<kuid2:61392:5013:34> Quick portal manager stack library (SP2 and later)

If the only one, different kuid is installed at the same time, thing crash when loading a session after an update.

Yup my typo and brain fart, sorry!

It should be the Quick Portal Manager. you want only these two going forward.

<kuid2:61392:5011:51> Quick Portal Manager standard edition (SP4 and later)
<kuid2:61392:5013:34> Quick portal manager stack library (SP2 and later)

If the only one, different kuid is installed at the same time, thing crash when loading a session after an update.

Well in my case I don't have any of them installed, but thanks for the clarification and information any way.

Bob

Trainz crashed just now while surveyor was minimized and CM was open, and I hadn't even touched it in at least a minute, not to mention multiple CTDs in the past few days. Wondering if I should reinstall it on my computer??

Last edited:
Trainz crashed just now while surveyor was minimized and CM was open, and I hadn't even touched it in at least a minute, not to mention multiple CTDs in the past few days. Wondering if I should reinstall it on my computer??

Why would you minimize Surveyor?

You can run that in a window and it won't minimize while you launch content manager. I do that all the time and don't have any crashes.

Minimizing graphics programs can and will cause crashes. It has something to do with the video memory and it's not just TRS2019 that does that.

The other thing to watch out for too is power management. When that kicks in and turns off the video card in power saving mode, it can and usually does crash on resume. My screen saver is turning the monitor off.

My game is crashing after a database build starts and then "finishes"
this is in quotes cause the game crashes right after and customer support has no fix. I kinda want a refund. I've had the game for almost 6 months now and this problem is still happening. My pc is built to be able to run this game without any issues yet this is happening,

A refund is 'doubtful'. Hold shift and then launch a database repair. This will perform an extended DBR. Then check the 'out of date' filter in CM and download any asset updates (built in, payware and modified all need to be updated via 'view asset versions' before downloading updates). Check obsoletes after all updates have installed and delete all obsoletes. Then run a quick DBR (don't hold shift) and try running TRS19 again. A well maintained database is essential to reduce game crashes.
cheers
Graeme

I think you mean hold CTRL when clicking on database repair :) This may take about an hour to complete.

I also have this problem, have a new laptop with ryzen chip and backed in vga, also a nvidia rtx 3070 is in the laptop, installed latest driver.
Going to test now on my intel laptop with gtx 2070.

Back