Loading Coal in TS2019 version of Coal Country

Railhead001

Hello people,

I seem to not be able to load a bethgon completely when in the TS2019 version of Coal Country. The cars only will fill halfway from the coal mines. Is their a way to change that in the industry or train car settings ?
I installed <kuid2:655957:8409:2> KC76 NS-Maersk Bethgon and do not seem to have this issue with older 100 ton hoppers. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,

RH001

I don't think this would have anything to do with the route? If its loading each car half full then there must be some issue with that bethgon

It might be with the bethgon or it might be with the N3V mod to their coal commodity product or maybe something else.

There was some discussion about a similar problem with some coal hoppers being way over weight when they loaded an "updated" N3V coal product. If the bethgons are set to load to a max weight then you might see them partially full using this coal asset. IIRC N3V were going to revert to the previous density setting for the coal - I think N3V uploaded a revised coal product to the DLS to fix this.

In any case if this is the problem then nothing with the route caused it. Simply a mistake by N3V IMHO.

Bob Pearson

Last edited:
As Bob Pearson has suggested, this gondola has a numeric value for the coal load and a value for the maximum loaded gross weight, basically in line with the prototype on which the asset is based. I believe it is these values which are the problem.

Just a suggestion. In CM locate the Gondola Kuid and open the config.txt file. In this file you will see the Maximum Weight value recorded as 92442 – alter this to 126000. Similarly alter the Load value from 118931 upto 123000. Save these changes and exit config file. The main kuid file will be displayed as “open for edit”, highlight – RMB and click submit for edits - should then show Modified. Close CM.

In line with the tests done today using the same values you should then have a gondola with the visual appearance of being 98% fully loaded and a recorded gross weight of 137 short tons. This is close to the prototype which has the following recorded weight values:- Gross Rail Load 286000lbs (143 short tons), Lightweight 41900lbs (20.95 short tons), Load Limit 244100lbs (122.05 short tons).

The only downside is that you will then need more horsepower to get the same number of gondolas up the gradients of Coal Country.

Regards
John

Back