Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TS2019 Installer Error

Default TS2019 Installer Error

I am running into difficulties trying to install Trainz 19 Platinum on my computer. The installation software refuses to finish and comes up with the following message. Does anyone know what the issue might be?

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

There's a couple of things that can cause that.

- Your antivirus can interrupt the patch installer and corrupt the files. Try disabling your antivirus while installing.

- Your internet connection is slow and keeps corrupting the file. You can use a file download manager and try again.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 106618

Also has the C drive enough room? The default location for the data is the C drive even though you might instruct the programme to load on a different drive. TRS19 has two folders it needs to install.

There has also been issues with connection to N3V. Overloaded or faults still happening from the last couple of days. Not sure yet if that's cleared up but the system is getting overloaded with everyone staying home.

Well, I seem to have made some form of progress.

In that I got a different error message with the same problem.

There is a known issue, which is mention in several posts. I can download only one item and then it faults out saying login details can't be authenticated. This may be connected.

I had the same problem. As JCitron mentioned, try a download manager. The one I used is called "Free Download Manager" from FreeDownloadManager.org and it did the job. I don't know why this should be necessary but maybe the bits get confused on the way from Australia to North America.

Quote Originally Posted by schweitzerdude View Post
    I had the same problem. As JCitron mentioned, try a download manager. The one I used is called "Free Download Manager" from FreeDownloadManager.org and it did the job. I don't know why this should be necessary but maybe the bits get confused on the way from Australia to North America.
    Their server is actually located in Texas, but due the extra burden put on the internet, many connections are timing out. It's these timeouts that are causing the corruption and where the download manager comes in.
    John

How do I open it in Download Manager? The version you suggested, schweitzerdude, will only open specific file types.

Quote Originally Posted by MoarCrossovers View Post
    How do I open it in Download Manager? The version you suggested, schweitzerdude, will only open specific file types.
    Start up TRS19.

At the Launcher, click on Manage Content.

On the top you'll see columns. Right click and add all the missing ones.

You can then drag them around and resize them to fit your screen.

Clicking on the column its self will sort.

Filter. You can change those or make some of your own.
    Change the filter to Download Station
    Sort on upload date.

You'll see stuff currently available for download with the latest date or oldest date depending upon how you sort.
    John

But I can't open TRS19 because the installer won't work.

Free Download Manager needs an add-on for Firefox, not sure about other browsers, however.

You probably need to download the Full installer not the Online one. If it's not auto activating on clicking the link then
    Start Free Download Manager, click the big + top left,
    Go to https://www.auran.com/planetauran/DownloadTRS19.php highlight the download link and right click, copy the URL and paste it into the URL box in the Download Manager, OK it and then click download.
    Malc

The full installer isn't working either.

How much free space do you have on your C drive?
    Malc

Quote Originally Posted by MoarCrossovers View Post
    The full installer isn't working either.
    23.4 GB. If I need more, I've moved and deleted what I can, but I'm struggling to make more room.