I've discovered the "disable" command, and it's glorious!

frogpipe

Yesterdayz Trainz Member
For some time I've been annoyed by having routes I'll never run show up in the front end and stock I'll never use in the pick list for trains.

Some is substandard (to me) some is foreign, all of it clutters the UI.

If it was something I had installed I could just delete it, but in the case of built in items I was stuck, or so i thought!

Hidden under content in the menu bar (it does not appear in the context aka right click menu) is "disable" and if you disable content you dont want to use or see, it vanishes from sight BUT if it's called for in a route it will still load! EDIT: Nope, if a session needs the asset it breaks the session... (Booo)

I offer this as help for those who, like me, may have wanted to hide items but didn't know this option existed.

Last edited:
Yes this is a wonder thing. :)

The alternative is to use the My Content filter and only show your own routes and sessions in the route menu in TRS19

The 'Disable' option/command is a wonderful thing which I have used extensively with my own copy of TS2019. It's so nice to start up S2019 and only see the routes that I actually want, - which are mostly legacy routes that I have converted and rebuilt for use in TS2019.

Well thats a poor choice. If I don't want to see rolling stock that happens to be called for in a session and disable it, it should still load if the session is loaded. Especially since I saw no warnings about it.

If what you say it true, I now have a bunch of broken sessions. :(

Not a problem for me since anything made after 1924 or made outside the Uk isn't wanted anyway.
This is why more than a few of us asked for a cut to the bone version of TS2019 with no DLC back in the days when TS2019 was first released.

Last edited:
Being thick of head - Where is this "disable" function. I looked for it but..... Version is Platinum ????

Not looking at it ATM but I think you click the asset in content manager, then "content" on the menu bar. The list that pops up should have disable among the items on it.

I tried that one but still appeared. The disabled asset continues to appear in the Main Page set of menus. Maybe it is just a limited Disable that only keeps the asset out of a route but it remains in the menu system. I have used it a lot to keep stuff out of a route.

Yep and somethings may not need a full restart. Have main menu up showing Healsville as one of the routes. I disable it and it disappears from the menu. So maybe not all things need the restart. Regardless lots of thanks!!

... anything made after 1924 or made outside the Uk isn't wanted anyway.
This is why more than a few of us asked for a cut to the bone version of TS2019 with no DLC back in the days when TS2019 was first released.

TRS2019 is the best update since I first found Trainz eleven years ago. I was very happy to see the volume of "Built-In" assets were substantially less than previously included. However, I would still like to see a "bare bones" version offered as an option with new releases (i.e. ONLY assets that permit opening a New Route/New Session, and NOTHING else).

Purchasing a First Class Ticket is the way to go for me, then I can pick and choose what I wish to download and ACTUALLY use. As opposed to installing Trainz and having multi-gigabytes (thousands of assets) I will never use (and spend hours "Disabling").

I would be more inclined to spend money on Trainz if I were offered the option to purchase Trainz as I will actually use it, than to have all the assets I will never use.

Having said that, thank you Creators of TRS2019 and the many and talented creators of Trainz Content! Job well done!

Back