Turf-X is a Video HOG???

DaveL

Recovering RBR Addict
N3V,

I have a GTX 1660 Ti
Your Turf-X, when it is on screen uses 99-100% of the 3D GPU!!!

That is unacceptable!!!
At this point you seem to have broken a wonderful sim JUST TO MAKE IT LOOK BETTER !!!
I can run TANE and use only 35% of the GPU.
IF this stupidity (yours or mine) is fixable, please inform me ASAP.

Thank you,

Dave

GPUs are designed to be used at 99 to 100% much less such as 35% and it's not being used properly or the CPU is bottlenecking it. As stated many times by Nvidia on their forums or Toms Hardware and so on.
TurfFx is an Nvidia feature.

N3V,

I have a GTX 1660 Ti
Your Turf-X, when it is on screen uses 99-100% of the 3D GPU!!!

That is unacceptable!!!
At this point you seem to have broken a wonderful sim JUST TO MAKE IT LOOK BETTER !!!
I can run TANE and use only 35% of the GPU.
IF this stupidity (yours or mine) is fixable, please inform me ASAP.

Thank you,

Dave
I too have the GTX1660 Ti and it is a great mid range card. Malc is correct about the GPU usage and your 35% in TANE probably means you could get more out of the card in TANE by adjusting Windows or card settings.
Having done extensive performance tuning on a very large route, I can vouch for TurfFX NOT being a performance hog. TurfFX uses LOD whereas many grass splines do not. My route was averaging 30fps until I laid 5 kilometres of grass spline which slowed things to a slideshow. There are many more performace hungry assets than TurfFX. eg. bridges, the big blue crane, grass splines, or anything large and highly detailed with no LOD.
Don't assume, ask why.
cheers
Graeme

I too have the GTX1660 Ti and it is a great mid range card. Malc is correct about the GPU usage and your 35% in TANE probably means you could get more out of the card in TANE by adjusting Windows or card settings.
Having done extensive performance tuning on a very large route, I can vouch for TurfFX NOT being a performance hog. TurfFX uses LOD whereas many grass splines do not. My route was averaging 30fps until I laid 5 kilometres of grass spline which slowed things to a slideshow. There are many more performace hungry assets than TurfFX. eg. bridges, the big blue crane, grass splines, or anything large and highly detailed with no LOD.
Don't assume, ask why.
cheers
Graeme

I can vouch for this as well, although, I don't have this card and only have a GTX1080TI.

The big crane is a killer.

N3V,

Wow. I never thought I would see this argument made...

GEFORCE GTX 1660 Ti Is NVIDIA's Mid Range Graphic Card within Budget and awesome Performance for GEFORCE. I have a 1070 and while I get more load it can handle it and I never drop below 45fps and having done this a few years anything over 30 is gravy...

I mean of all the things to complain about.... Especially now

Back