Trainz Authentication

tlorey

I bought Trainz 2019 last week. I was right in the middle of a download from the DLS when suddenly my login failed. I tried to log in again many times in my Trainz 2019 settings and was kept being told that My Trainz authentication failed. I went to the Trainz Portal and my username and password worked just fine. What should I do?

I bought Trainz 2019 last week. I was right in the middle of a download from the DLS when suddenly my login failed. I tried to log in again many times in my Trainz 2019 settings and was kept being told that My Trainz authentication failed. I went to the Trainz Portal and my username and password worked just fine. What should I do?

There seems to be something wrong with the DLS server(s). There have been other complaints about the same issue so don't fret it's not your install and you're not being singled out.

There seems to be something wrong with the DLS server(s). There have been other complaints about the same issue so don't fret it's not your install and you're not being singled out.

Thanks for that. Have just had to re-install the TRS19 on another PC. When I try to start it I keep getting a message that they are unable to authorise the product and to check my launcher/internet setting. Have all the serial numbers for all the products I have purchased. First Class Ticket unto 2037 and so on. Everything up to date. Frustrating.

Edit.

Fixed... my fault. Had to sign into my account to validate before launching. Rookie error!

Last edited:
Sometimes it helps to erase your username and password in Trainz Settings - Internet, exit Trainz entirely - then start Trainz again - re-enter your username and password.

Thanks for that suggestion engineeral! I just did exactly that and it worked.

1) Go to Trainz Settings in the launcher.
2) Erase your username and password in the Internet section.
3) Quit Trainz.
4) Launch Trainz, go back to the Internet section, enter your creds and hit Enter.

Careful doing that. Sometimes you'll end up with a lengthy validation process especially if you have a lot of assets installed. The accounts seem to be working now anyway so there's no need to do that.

Good to know. A few minutes ago, however, my authentication failed again. This time, instead of exiting all the way out, I went up to the Main Menu in Surveyor, clicked Account Details and did the wipe-and-reenter creds and I was back in. A little frustrating, but it was quicker.

Back