Preview Pass Items No Longer Available?

Galt77

I have lost access to two preview pass items on Build 105113. On my account page it shows Gold Class / Preview Pass as ACTIVE:

a. Tidewater Point 2.0
b. TRS19 Canadian Rocky Mountains - Viktor Lake to Ross Peak & Glacier

When I go into CM these items state: "Not Installed, Payware (not active)"

On the Content Store Purchased tab SC473 and SC479 are no longer present.

Anyone have any ideas?

Respectfully,
Shaun

If the preview pass period is complete shouldn't they then be available as regular content store items for purchase/download?

Respectfully,
Shaun

Galt,

Same here. This I believe is now causing me issues installing my original coal country and tidewater routes purchased from JR.

Cadman

The preview has expired and had pretty much left a mess behind once the route are disabled. I spent yesterday restoring backups because I removed the route-stubs and other leftovers. Once the route package folders were deleted and a DBR run, I ended up with over 300 assets missing dependencies. I have a feeling that if I had to run a DBR for any reason, these disabled assets would have caused a problem for me anyway.

I'm glad I had the original files from Jointed Rail and I was able to restore these as well as download content from the DLS. The process took me many hours due to my slow internet speed (I'm on wireless where my PC is located), and the fact I had to search my CDP files for the appropriate assets and install them.

Being Plus-gold members, we will eventually get the routes as part of our subscription once they are released, I think.

John,

I am seeing a similar problem. I noticed that my tidewater is now installed not active. All the content that is payware is now inactive. How the heck can I delete all these assets from CM. I see no way of doing so. My plan was to get rid of all content in the tidewater route and reinstall my purchased jr tidewater but CM will still see those payware assets as installed not active. This also effects any other payware locos that use any of the tidewater locos assets. Right now all my payware GP7 and GP9 locos that have some of the same assets that are now pooched!

John,

I am seeing a similar problem. I noticed that my tidewater is now installed not active. All the content that is payware is now inactive. How the heck can I delete all these assets from CM. I see no way of doing so. My plan was to get rid of all content in the tidewater route and reinstall my purchased jr tidewater but CM will still see those payware assets as installed not active. This also effects any other payware locos that use any of the tidewater locos assets. Right now all my payware GP7 and GP9 locos that have some of the same assets that are now pooched!

This route along with Viktor Lake don't show in the Content Store so we have no way to remove them gracefully and easily and instead we have to resort to the manual removal of the folders.

Find the folders in File Explorer. They are located where your User Data folder and in the Packages folder. (Mine is on my E: drive in TRS2019_DATA).

Delete the following folders: sc499 and sc473 (Note: There are multiple of them sc473 for example has sc473f, sc473s, etc. so remove them all.)

Run a database repair.

This will remove the references to the data in the database.

Once you do this, you can then reinstall your content manually. I recommend running a defrag if you use a regular hard disc prior to starting up again and running the DBR. When installing your content, check the open for edit folder and revert to original any open assets. You will also have to download stuff from the DLS, and again run a DBR when you're done. You'll end up also with a bunch of obsolete assets which you can remove as well.

It's messy...

These routes are both being updated. We're currently investigating whether we can re-enable the previous versions or get the new ones out to you. Stay tuned...

Back