Call to Tony and N3V - You've ID'd Platinum, how about Gold, Silver, Plus

1611mac

- - . -
Discussion - Platinum ID's, how about Gold, Silver, Plus

I see that Platinum users now have "TRS-19 Platinum" on their registration forum bars (or whatever you call them) here on the forums. That is very helpful in knowing how to repond to people, since features are now by membership and purchase levels and not necessarily software build version.

When will Gold, Silver, Plus memberships be designated in like manner? It is helpful.

(by the way... are ALL Platinum users ID's that way? Seems I've seen some Platinum owners but the registration ID is merely "TRS19" without the Platinum designation.

Last edited:
I had TRS19 for my TRS19 North America Edition I bought under Steam. When I was force to update to SP1 and it made the game unusable I bought TRS19 Platinum using the discount coupon and the fact that it was on sale for Christmas. My TRS19 listing was replaced by the TRS19 Platinum.

My feeling is that since subscription based users don't really own the software then it is impractical to have them listed. After all one of the great benefits of renting software is that you can turn it off when you know you aren't going to use it for a while or at least that is what I am told. So would the listing disappear when the subscription is paused? Besides, it really isn't much to expect someone asking for help to provide basic information like which version they are using. Also Gold, Silver and Plus are in constant flux as they really are beta versions. Without the build number, the subscription name is meaningless.

William

My feeling is that since subscription based users don't really own the software then it is impractical to have them listed. After all one of the great benefits of renting software is that you can turn it off when you know you aren't going to use it for a while or at least that is what I am told. So would the listing disappear when the subscription is paused?
William

Yeah, I originally purchased TRS-19 Early Release. Then some time later I went Gold. As for turning the indicator off and on, what's the difference if indicator says "TRS-19" or "TRS-19 Gold?" If you stop the program then you don't have TRS-19 (assuming you didn't buy outright to begin with) and the indicator has to go whether it says TRS-19 or TRS-19 Gold, does it not? (In my case, having purchased Early Release outright, I hope that I would be entitled to SP1.)

Not that simple, I had bought the early release and later also gold Plus, My early release patched up to 105096 with SP1, it has some plus bits but not the Content Store, My Gold Plus version, non Beta patched to 105100 and has all the Plus stuff. Silver is irrelevant as it is available for any version and just covers free "loaned DLC" Then there is also Plus, without the Gold that does not include the DLC.

And some people like with the Kickstarter may not appreciate being branded as rich Trainzers.....

OK... poor idea I guess... I just know that I like being able to see "Platinum" on some posts so you automatically know they have UDS and such... I think that a big benefit in the forums. Perhaps it just me.

Last edited:
TRS19 SP1(Plus), 105100(plus), 106291(+beta)

The first line of your tagline (shown above) and mine (shown below) is probably the best way to deal with this. I have both SP1 and Platinum but only Platinum shows in my header.

I see that Platinum users now have "TRS-19 Platinum" on their registration forum bars (or whatever you call them) here on the forums. That is very helpful in knowing how to repond to people, since features are now by membership and purchase levels and not necessarily software build version.

When will Gold, Silver, Plus memberships be designated in like manner? It is helpful.

(by the way... are ALL Platinum users ID's that way? Seems I've seen some Platinum owners but the registration ID is merely "TRS19" without the Platinum designation.

Also for the ones having the European, American or British versions.

[GRUMPY "NAY-SAYER" MODE ON]
And if someone has all of them from TRS19 SP1 to Platinum to Gold to Plus with all the international packs thrown in - how much real estate will all that info take up?

And if that person then has a problem but simply states that "my TRS19 is not working" (a familiar post) then what?
[GRUMPY "NAY-SAYER" MODE OFF]

It's something we're considering. Real estate is becoming an issue, and membership would need to be updated as the status changes. Currently bigger fish in the frying pan with some major server updates...

I'd like to have a 'Uk Edition' tag next to TRS19 on my avatar track, but it's not that big a deal for me. My signature pretty much states where I'm at when it comes to TS2019.

Well this was the reason we got gold, is to have the best and had it as soon as it came out, now you come out with something else and then leave us gold members behind, not fare.

Well this was the reason we got gold, is to have the best and had it as soon as it came out, now you come out with something else and then leave us gold members behind, not fare.

You've misunderstood something Jayco-man. Platinum is a sub-set of everything that Gold members have access to. They have ~17 DLC items, you have all DLC items, Preview Pass, store discounts, additional Trainz Plus features (next week will deliver the new bulk tools).

Could you let me know which items you though you were missing out on so that we can tidy up the messaging.

Tony - N3V could focus messaging a bit more on "Gold" vs "Plus" I think. Gold gets me "all that there is" while "Plus" turns on game features. Gold includes Plus but I wonder how many people posting in forums (especially new users) know that. This difference between "content" and "game features" is meaningful, especially in the forums.

I find that I still have to re-visit the FAQ's Chart to remind myself of release/membership differences..it's a very helpful chart (thanks for it in your footer)
SP1 vs SP1 Regional vs Platinum vs Plus vs Silver vs Gold

Last edited:
Back