How do I fix an an unknown dependency that ends up being faulty?

Od19

I uploaded some custom F7 locomotives into my copy TRS19 Premium, but, they show up with an unknown dependency.
I found that this Unknown dependency is named "f7" on the DLS but it's faulty and so I uninstalled it, I've tried reinstalling then disabling it but it still shows as faulty. so I uninstalled it again. There are other F7 locos from the DLS that work fine and have all of the same dependencies as my custom F7 locomotives except for two, one is the faulty "f7" dependency and a non-faulty one that is also named "F7" but with capital "F". I've tried copying the capital "F7" dependency then pasting into my locomotives but that still didn't fix my problem.

Here's a picture of the dependencies. (https://imgur.com/a/3o8AkZO)

What is wrong with the "f7" asset that was faulty to begin with? If that can be repaired, that will solve your other problem.

Just putting a dependency into the asset folder will not repair the asset. The missing dependencies are referenced in the config.txt file for the loco that's missing the "f7" asset. You could just replace the reference in the loco's config.txt file, but that has implications as well because the references may not match. You can end up with the cab floating above the locomotive, or other weird things. The dependency is also a separate asset and is referred to by the KUID number and not directly.

If you could paste the complete KUID list for the asset you installed, maybe we can help you. You don't need to paste a screen capture, instead highlight the assets in content manager, press CTRL+C to copy, and then in a forum post here, press CTRL+V to paste. This will put your list of assets here and allow us to search for the KUID numbers.

here are the kuids:

<kuid:-25:483> F7
<kuid:-25:175> QR2100
<kuid:-10:189> f7
<kuid:-25:485> f7_bogey
<kuid:-25:1005> F7 Interior MPH RHD
<kuid:-25:137> default

- <kuid:-10:189> VE44: Tag 'name-it' in the container 'traincar' is obsolete.
- <kuid:-10:189> VE44: Tag 'name-cz' in the container 'traincar' is obsolete.
- <kuid:-10:189> VE44: Tag 'name-pl' in the container 'traincar' is obsolete.
Open the config of <kuid:-10:189> and delete the lines that contain the three names.

- <kuid:-10:189> VE44: Tag 'name-it' in the container 'traincar' is obsolete.
- <kuid:-10:189> VE44: Tag 'name-cz' in the container 'traincar' is obsolete.
- <kuid:-10:189> VE44: Tag 'name-pl' in the container 'traincar' is obsolete.
Open the config of <kuid:-10:189> and delete the lines that contain the three names.
I didn't see them in the config file, however, I did find them in the errors and warnings file. Deleting them uninstalls the dependency and shows the missing dependency icon on the locomotives.

I didn't see them in the config file, however, I did find them in the errors and warnings file. Deleting them uninstalls the dependency and shows the missing dependency icon on the locomotives.

Were you looking in the correct config file? The asset that is faulty is <kuid:-10:189> f7 - If you didn't find those lines in the config file then you were editing the wrong file. Changing an errors and warnings file will have no effect.

name-it "f7"
name-cz "f7"
name-pl "f7"

Were you looking in the correct config file? The asset that is faulty is <kuid:-10:189> f7 - If you didn't find those lines in the config file then you were editing the wrong file. Changing an errors and warnings file will have no effect.

name-it "f7"
name-cz "f7"
name-pl "f7"

it's working now, thanks.

Back