Std Gauge Log Dump

rick1958

Anyone know of a std. Ga. pond log dump? There's not enough boom Clarence to adapt Slug's 3ft dumps.
Thanks in advance

Well, Rick, maybe you could expand a bit more. " ... boom ... "? " ... Clarence ... "? " ... Slug's ... "?

Here we see the problem with room for the boom demonstrated with Clarence showing the lack of clearance on Slugsmasher's Log Dump.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

@Rick I think you will have to kit bash something using a MIN and some skid logs and cranes etc.

:hehe:

...and there ya have it. A picture speaks a thousand words. Thanks Norm~ There were MANY std gauge logging roads but it seems interest in this type of railroading is about dead in Trainz

Last edited:
Hi guys --

Wasn't aware of that. Probably because I use "Logs 50ft Clinch". There are several different variants of this freight car. I've just checked and it clears the boom.

So maybe try different log cars?

As for interest being dead (as in that skeleton, Norm?). I've got a few standard gauge logging layouts on the Download Station. But I gotta admit they are smallish compact model railroads. Lilliput Logger, for example. Maybe not what you are looking for? Perhaps "Rivercide"? Not a layout and has Log Camp, Dry Sort and Log Dump. Two versions -- electrified and not electrified. Here:

Phil

Last edited:
...and there ya have it. A picture speaks a thousand words. Thanks Norm~ There were MANY std gauge logging roads but it seems interest in this type of railroading is about dead in Trainz

You're welcome, btvfd is working on his Twin Peaks Timber Company route even as we type. https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...imber-Company-TPTC-equipment-items-and-photos

and Port Tillamook is available on the DLS for most versions of Trainz and includes "modern" logging ops. https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?157496-Port-Tillamook-RR-TRS19

Seek and you will find. :D

view_media_post
view_media_post
ajax.php
Thanks folks.
I took a combination of ideas...
Phils input regarding a different car?.... Trainz Forge new Eagle River Skeleton car works great and is actually the proper type car for this type of dump.
Norms thoughts on kitbashing...done. Bits and pieces make a fine dump :)
Put it all together and I have myself a standard gauge pond log dump with proper clearances'
Now if I can figure out how to post a screenshot, I'll do it. I'm not to sure why the forum makes image uploading so difficult! Why not simply allow me to copy it from my gallery:(

Last edited:
Here is how I do it. I upload something to the N3V Gallery and select the full view from the thumbnail. Then I right click and select "copy image address"

Then in the forum I click on the "Insert Image" icon on the bar menu and paste the address.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Looks pretty good Rick. ;)

Very nice ! Thanks.......just to throw my hat in the ring. I'm interested in the "non-electrified".

Here is how I do it. I upload something to the N3V Gallery and select the full view from the thumbnail. Then I right click and select "copy image address"

Then in the forum I click on the "Insert Image" icon on the bar menu and paste the address.

Looks pretty good Rick. ;)
Thanks Norm...Here's something interesting. Before your post, I Googled inserting screenshots in the forum, and found the same process you suggested, but after trying it, I didn't get the "copy image address" in the drop down menu and gave up. Fast forward to your post...I went back and experimented. Microsoft Edge does not give that selection, but Chrome does. Just passin' it along in case it pops up again ;)

Back