TRC Traffic Stopper

pequeajim

I'm fairly new to trains and have been putting together a layout. I found a video tutorial online that explains how to install a TRC crossing. I followed the tutorial, setting the parameters as the video states. Everything works except the traffic stopper. The traffic goes right through the gates and train. Any thoughts of what to look for? Is this a known issue with TRC

I found that the TRC Traffic Stopper doesn't automatically appear in the TRC Trigger's list of attached items after naming it. The way I found of getting it to appear is to rotate the traffic stopper, then undo the rotation, then it'll appear in the list of attached items.

I found that the TRC Traffic Stopper doesn't automatically appear in the TRC Trigger's list of attached items after naming it. The way I found of getting it to appear is to rotate the traffic stopper, then undo the rotation, then it'll appear in the list of attached items.

I double checked to see that it was in the list and it was. I'm going to take it out and start over again. It still does not work. Everything else does tho, gates, etc.

Maybe it has to do with the road type that I'm using?

So I checked the Naming and followed the directions, still the traffic does not stop.

Could this have to do with the road?

Which road are you guys using? I mean, if it has cars on it and there is a traffic stopper, what causes the cars to know that the stopper is active and in the road. Does it have to be attached to the road?

Last edited:
So I checked the Naming and followed the directions, still the traffic does not stop.

Could this have to do with the road?

Which road are you guys using? I mean, if it has cars on it and there is a traffic stopper, what causes the cars to know that the stopper is active and in the road. Does it have to be attached to the road?

I use variants of the YARN/YARNish road system.

Attaching TRC Traffic Stopper to a Road?

Can anyone tell me how to attach the TRC traffic stopper to a road? I think this is what I need for it to be able to work to stop the cars going over the crossing. I'm using TRC.

There's a great tutorial online by Approach Medium, in a YouTube video but it doesn't say anything about how to attach the traffic stopper to the road. Also, part of the problem is ME, being so new to TrainZ. But the more I work in Surveyor and drive the trains, the more I like it.

I'll get it, eventually...

Last edited:
It attaches by a spline point. Just connect the road to the spline point, represented by a large, spinning, dotted circle, on the traffic stopper.

Back