trainz 2019 not working

simking1

So I had no issues with TANE I have the latest drivers,good pc amd eight core 16gm ram gtx 1050 ti. What happens is it will
A. sit forever and do nothing B. flash the loading screen and disappear c. finally load then start to render crash to desktop in no particular order
I tried high settings and the lowest,Ran compatibility with and without and without,administer permissions. direct x on and off nothing matters. any advise ?

Hi, you're not the only one. I have a gaming laptop with all AMD hardware. Long time TANE owner which works flawlessly. I bought (and own not renting) TRZ2019 when it first released. Nothing but issues. I have been in touch with support, they gave me a few things to try - as per Tony Hiliam suggestion I have reinstalled TRZ2019 more times than I care to recall. Updated drivers, used system cleaning software (System Mechanic) disabled virus scannnig of TRZ2019 files. All to no avail.

Issues are as per you, some routes just don't load, take forever and stay at the loading screen. Some routes play and then half way through the program just dumps (crashes) Today I tried C & O Hinton division with Thurmond Empties, the route loads fine and began to play, but camera wont move at all, either through mouse or keyboard use am stuck in chase mode. The mouse wont move around the train either, despite being able to use the mouse to use the movement controls and change points.

All in all I am very disappointed with TRZ2019. Over a year on and it still has issues. I am sticking with TANE for now and only buying content that works with it as it runs flawlessly. My advice would be to try TRZ2019 through a one month subscription model and see how it performs before buying it outright. Lets hope over the next year or two everything gets ironed out.

Where have you installed it? If it is in the default location your C drive may be to full. Open your trainz settings and locate the path under the install tab. Copy the build folder to another drive and then redirect the install path to it. The C drive may need more room to hold temporary information.

Not sure if your reply was to me or the OP but I had mine on drive C and then I moved it using the correct method (redirect) to Drive D, still issues. In fact I moved in end of last year to D so that isn't the issue for me.

Hi, you're not the only one. I have a gaming laptop with all AMD hardware. Long time TANE owner which works flawlessly. I bought (and own not renting) TRZ2019 when it first released. Nothing but issues. I have been in touch with support, they gave me a few things to try - as per Tony Hiliam suggestion I have reinstalled TRZ2019 more times than I care to recall. Updated drivers, used system cleaning software (System Mechanic) disabled virus scannnig of TRZ2019 files. All to no avail.

Issues are as per you, some routes just don't load, take forever and stay at the loading screen. Some routes play and then half way through the program just dumps (crashes) Today I tried C & O Hinton division with Thurmond Empties, the route loads fine and began to play, but camera wont move at all, either through mouse or keyboard use am stuck in chase mode. The mouse wont move around the train either, despite being able to use the mouse to use the movement controls and change points.

All in all I am very disappointed with TRZ2019. Over a year on and it still has issues. I am sticking with TANE for now and only buying content that works with it as it runs flawlessly. My advice would be to try TRZ2019 through a one month subscription model and see how it performs before buying it outright. Lets hope over the next year or two everything gets ironed out.

If you are getting constant crashes, I highly recommend a database repair. This means something is corrupted.

Long loading can be caused by multiple things:

1) Antivirus is scanning each and every folder, file, and script as it loads up. The fix for this is exclude the Trainz data and TRS19 program folder from real time scanning. Note: This can cause crashes too.

2) The database needs a repair, and preferably an extended one. For TRS19 (and T:ANE too), press CTRL-key when clicking on rebuild database.

3) The hard disk, not an SSD, needs to be defragged very badly.

4) The drive is full, but that's not your issue here.

5) The content is caching.

6) Other things running in the background such as browsers, music players, etc., eating up resources.

7) Heat. As the computer heats up, it slows down. Heat can also cause crashes. This is a big problem with laptops due to their poor ventilation to begin with. We highly recommend a cooling pad if you can get one for your laptop.

8) Faulty content. Some asset(s) somewhere on a route is faulty in such a way to cause the program to crash. This is over and above the faulty assets found in Content Manager. In other words there is something that slips by the filters, because the asset is inherently bad due to corrupted textures, bad mesh, script, or something else. To find this the culprits, it requires a long trial and error process and process of elimination of faulty assets by disabling a few at a time.

9) Drivers. AMD has awful drivers lately for their video cards. If you can roll back to an older one and refrain from updating. The issues range from poor performance to outright crashes and black screens.

10) Content needs updating. Some scripted assets have caused problems in TRS19. Some of these assets have been repaired and updated so it's best to check more often than not for updated assets. This includes both built-in as well as content downloaded from the DLS.

11) You loaded up an already corrupted session. Instead of loading the current version, chose revert instead. What may have caused the crash in the beginning may then load up again in the current version and cause more crashing later, leading to a roundabout, crash, load, crash, load, situation. Running a DBR is highly recommend as mentioned above.

Last edited:
Just wondering what build of TRS19? If it's an earlier one that may not be helping.
Laptop? is it actually using the 1050TI, sounds like it may be using the AMD Graphics.

I appreciate your help, but I have done everything on your list including excluding virus scans which I mentioned and have had several back and forth emails with support. I don't agree with bad drivers. TANE and every other game runs flawlessly. It's easy for developers to blame drivers, but then they have to explain why other games run fine on said drivers but theirs doesn't. I have a very good spec Republic of Gamers laptop with cooling pad and RoG cooling software. Some routes run but others don't, some run to the end of the session others crash. I have simply given up on TRZ2019 until it matures. If TANE runs perfectly there is nothing wrong with the laptop. If other games runs perfectly such as Ark Survival Evolved, TrainSim 2020, Skyrim and Metro 2033, its not the laptop, its the software. I have done so many database repairs over the last year since it launched it's not funny. Including the extensive one using Control key at the start of database repair. Even reinstalled windows 10 to see if it would help.

Appreciate your effort though.

There is no later version for Trainz 2019 SP1 - build 105096 is the version I also have.

Higher build numbers are for different versions of Trainz 2019 - build 105100 is Trainz 2019 "Platinum Edition" and higher numbers are for Trainz Plus (which is still in beta testing version).

OP here i too have done everything on the list I never installed it to my C: as its a solid state boot only Only think i have not done was a reinstall so i guess that is next. I don't have or use AMD I got one route loaded the kickstarter 2 and i noticed switch stands were missing. reinstalling now and I noticed alot of content saying my disk was full when using the default down loader that is a lie on a TB drive so no..so going thru the content manager seems to be alot better for some reason but noticing missing kuid with payware routes and it seems to download at snail speed so now i am wondering if this will force me into buying a ticket just to download things that the default down loader wont what the heck is up with that..i will admit even with all the polish and shine it just don't seem as fun as ts12 i can't put my finger on it just seems something is missing. so far i am disappointed at the clumsiness and missing assets that were supposed to be included the subpar down loader that is forcing me to take a slower workaround. one page says installed yet the content manager says not installed...

Last edited:
Ok so i found an issue for some reason it wants to install content in C:users local drive app data local......I specifically installed trainz19 in my F:TB drive so why is it installing stuff in C" It CANNOT DO THIS how do i stop it from installing ANYTHING in that boot drive the program is useless if their is no way to prevent anything from going into that drive.

Probably as you have not changed the location of your local data folder. Launcher > Trainz Settings > Local Data. Need to create a userdata folder on your chosen drive / folder then follow instructions for moving your content before changing it in settings.

I put the userdata folder in the TRS19 folder, keeps it simple and all in one place.

simking1 - You can direct any installation to install to a path destination that you specify in the dialog box that pops up during installation.
For example, you can direct the installer to drop the program files into F:\TRS19 and the Userdata files into a folder named 'Userdata' at F:\TRS19\Userdata (or perhaps even on another drive, like E:\Userdata if you wish).
Trick is to establish these folders beforehand so you can choose these destinations from the ellipsis (...) Browse to... option to the right of the path textbox on the installer dialog.
One file MUST go to your C:\ drive, however. That is the userdata-redirect-map.txt file which will be installed in your C:\Users\[User_name]\Appdata\Local\N3V Games\TRS19 folder so that Windows and TRS19 knows where the TRS19 executable and Local Data folders reside on your storage disks.

Last edited:
Not sure it is working as intended. I directed my install of 2019 platinum to a folder on my external USB drive, and I DID get the main program path installed there - I think. At least there is SOMETHING there worth 13.5GB, but just Data and Resources folders. When I went to find the actual BUILD folder, it is at C:\Users\[User_name]\Appdata\Local\N3V Games\TRS19. It is almost 83GB. What disappoints me is THAT is what I wanted on the USB drive, but there was no control of that, so I will have to use the steps to move it.

However, for simking1, if permissions don't allow, I did not see anywhere during my install that will allow him to steer the build folder anywhere else, so unless that option is actually placed in the install, it may just be broken for him. I think N3V got the installer backwards on this one, because it does not appear to actually put the build where the user wants it, but defaults it to c:\Users.

Forester1 - There is always a text input box prompt to set the desired path in just about every Trainz installation and patch upgrade.
To get your userdata away from the C:\Users directory, simply MOVE it over to your chosen, descriptively-named folder on a logical drive which has sufficient space.
(Or COPY/ PASTE it in its entirety, then delete the original 'Userdata' folder on C:\Users when you have tested that the moved files are working properly and that the program is running them from the new location).
You then SET the path to your new Userdata (Local data folder) location in the Trainz Settings Install Tab on the Launcher to point to your new desired location/ moved Userdata folders and files.
The program will then record/ set the new location of your Userdata files in the userdata-redirect-map.txt script on C:\ drive.

Last edited:
simking1 - You can direct any installation to install to a path destination that you specify in the dialog box that pops up during installation.
For example, you can direct the installer to drop the program files into F:\TRS19 and the Userdata files into a folder named 'Userdata' at F:\TRS19\Userdata (or perhaps even on another drive, like E:\Userdata if you wish).
Trick is to establish these folders beforehand so you can choose these destinations from the ellipsis (...) Browse to... option to the right of the path textbox on the installer dialog.
One file MUST go to your C:\ drive, however. That is the userdata-redirect-map.txt file which will be installed in your C:\Users\[User_name]\Appdata\Local\N3V Games\TRS19 folder so that Windows and TRS19 knows where the TRS19 executable and Local Data folders reside on your storage disks.

I did that I installed it into where I wanted it AND in the settings where it asks where you want the content installed I set the new drive however its STILL installing in the C app data.... it's like its ignoring where I told it to install content so i'm getting drive out of space failures because it filling up the C: NOWHERE am I telling it to do this EVERYTHING is telling it to install in my F: terabit drive the game did but the content as i said dispite me setting it to F: still goes to that c: I'm am getting quite fustrated at this by now.

simking1 - Sounds like you need to do this manually. Transfer all the files contained inside your Trainz Userdata folder on C:\Users\[User_name]\Appdata\Local\N3V Games\TRS19\build xxxxxxx - (it will likely have a Build name like 'build cqkshvqm1' or similar). Copy the contents, not the build folder name itself.
Drop them all into a new folder on your F: drive called 'Userdata' (or similar).
Open up the TRS19 program executable installed on your F: drive by double-clicking it. In the Launcher Trainz Settings dialog, SET the location of your Userdata folder to the new local data folder established on F:\Userdata.
This way, you are SETTING the path to your new Userdata (Local data folder) location in the Trainz Settings Install Tab on the Launcher to point to your new desired location/ moved Userdata folders and files on F: drive.
Once this has been achieved and tested thoroughly to ensure that it is working entirely from F Drive, you can delete all the Trainz-related data on C: EXCEPT for the userdata-redirect-map.txt found in your C:\Users\[User_name]\Appdata\Local\N3V Games\TRS19 folder.
Note: Be careful not to delete the similar redirect-map path for your T:ANE Deluxe installation in the same N3V Games subdirectory. You can place its Userdata folders on another larger hard disk drive too.

Last edited:
@PC Yes that is what I did so everything installed this time so we shall see it took two times doing it hopefully it worked .

Back