trainz 2019 not working

PC_ACE, I understand your response to my post, but it beats me why it can't just install to my USB drive if that is where I tell it to install. What is this thing N3V has of needing to install it to C: where I distinctly did not tell it to? If it is not going to install the build where we want it why ask?

Forester1 - Confirming that the only files that absolutely MUST go onto your C:\ drive's AppData directory are the tiny userdata-redirect-map.txt scripts for each Trainz installation. That way the program knows where the executable resides and where your local userdata folder is located. Trainz program folders and Userdata folders can be stored on any other system drives.
As far as I'm aware, it should be possible to use a USB 3 external data drive for such Userdata storage purposes. There are a few people here who have done so successfully, though it is hardly a good permanent solution due to bandwidth issues. (Probably better if the external drive is an SSD, of course). Unfortunately, most conventional external backup drives are pretty slow old mechanical beasts and many are USB 2.0 or older...
Did you confirm that you had the path pointing to the correct, desired location by browsing to it using that ellipsis browse tool? Only when that path shows correctly in the Install dialog text box should you click on OK (or similar) to Continue... with the installation (or patching) process.

TRS19 has two folders, the one you direct your new install to and one with all the content which goes to C as default.

Folder 1 has
data, resources, .dll and TRS19.exe

Folder 2 has
userdata-redirect-map.txt and build **********.

Once installed just copy or cut the build folder only and paste on another drive. Reset the settings/install to the new location.

I am understanding you guys perfectly, and I will do this as I did with T:ANE, I don't think you are understanding me. If I direct the install to my USB drive, and the only file it needs on C: are the "userdata-redirect-map.txt scripts, then why does N3V insist on installing the build folder there? Why don't they put the build folder where I directed the install to be? It's just an annoyance, it is not that big a deal, but it just seems odd that they don't put the build where the users directs the install.

The reason it defaults to the C:\Users.... for the local data is a Microsoft requirement, changing it after installing however is OK.

Back