Thread: Payware disabled track - Can it be replaced?

Default Payware disabled track - Can it be replaced?

Hi all,

I've just been working the past few months on a route I've made extensive use of JR US track #1-132(narrow ballast), kuid2:506034:578257:9. I believe this part got superseded by the :10 revision with the Tidewater Point Railroad DLC that I got a preview pass of. Now that the Tidewater route and its dependencies appear to have gone back to payware, I'm stuck with no track showing up in my route! The :10 revision is showing as installed, Payware (not active), and while the :9 is still installed, the route automatically uses the latest revision. I can't even replace the missing asset in surveyor!

Is there any way out of this predicament aside from purchasing the route just to replace the track in my route with another asset? Tidewater is a great route and I may get it anyway but I'd like to know if there's another workaround to this problem.

Thanks,
    Woody
    Intel i7 950 Quad-core @ 3.2Ghz - 12GB ram - Nvidia EVGA GTX 1060 FTW+ 6GB, EVGA 600w power supply

Uninstall the tidewater route and run a db repair (I think).
    And we'll look at why it is marked as payware - it shouldn't be if it is on the DLS.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Hi Tony, thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, I am unable to uninstall the route. It and it's dependencies are marked as 'Installed, Payware (not active)'. I just tried a db repair with no luck.
    Intel i7 950 Quad-core @ 3.2Ghz - 12GB ram - Nvidia EVGA GTX 1060 FTW+ 6GB, EVGA 600w power supply

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Hi Tony,

What is the SC number for the Tidewater route so I can uninstall it via the Content Store?

The track was marked payware not active from the beginning, but I had a local version installed so it didn't matter. The route version was older and couldn't be updated.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 105100

Blog Entries

Hi All
    The package ID for Tidewater is SC473.

To uninstall a DLC pack in a non Trainz Plus edition, please follow the steps outlined here: http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/i...installing_DLC

Alternatively, in a Trainz Plus release or in the TRS19 Platinum Edition, you will be able to uninstall the DLC pack through the Content Store.

Regards
    Zec Murphy

Customer Support Rep
    N3V Games (Auran)

*Please do not use Private Messages for support. Support can only be provided via the helpdesk, or via the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by ZecMurphy View Post
    Hi All
    The package ID for Tidewater is SC473.

To uninstall a DLC pack in a non Trainz Plus edition, please follow the steps outlined here: http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/i...installing_DLC

Alternatively, in a Trainz Plus release or in the TRS19 Platinum Edition, you will be able to uninstall the DLC pack through the Content Store.

Regards
    Thanks Zec. Tidewater does not appear in the content store.
    Last edited by JCitron; March 26th, 2020 at 12:18 AM.
    John

I think this item is currently a Preview Pass item, so betatest:sc473
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Tony... I am a Gold Plus member (I should have Preview Pass right?) and I don't have Tidewater or Betatest:sc473 in Content Store.

I do I learn of Preview Pass items? Is there a forum post somewhere? Am I supposed to check Content Store daily?
    TRS19 SP1(Plus), 105100(plus), 106618(+beta)
    ASUS B450M-A/CSM, GTX 1060-6 Windforce

"Tidewater Point Rail" and "Viktor Lake to Ross Peak and Glacier" were announced to be available for preview on 26th February by e-mail.

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    "Tidewater Point Rail" and "Viktor Lake to Ross Peak and Glacier" were announced to be available for preview on 26th February by e-mail.
    Thanks for that HPL. Wow - Embarrassing... I had downloaded and I had even posted a flaw I found in Tidewater! I had totally forgotten. I wasn't seeing Tidewater in game as it is now marked: Installed Payware (not active). Apologies to Tony and N3V for acting like I didn't know when my own forgetfulness is the problem. Do beta routes go (not active) after time?
    TRS19 SP1(Plus), 105100(plus), 106618(+beta)
    ASUS B450M-A/CSM, GTX 1060-6 Windforce

Quote Originally Posted by 1611mac View Post
    Tony... I am a Gold Plus member (I should have Preview Pass right?) and I don't have Tidewater or Betatest:sc473 in Content Store.

I do I learn of Preview Pass items? Is there a forum post somewhere? Am I supposed to check Content Store daily?
    Good question.

This route along with Viktor Lake don't show in the Content Store so we have no way to remove them gracefully and easily and instead we have to resort to the manual removal of the folders.

Find the folders in File Explorer. They are located where your User Data folder and in the Packages folder. (Mine is on my E: drive in TRS2019_DATA).

Delete the following folders: sc499 and sc473 (Note: There are multiple of them sc473 for example has sc473f, sc473s, etc. so remove them all.)

Run a database repair.

This will remove the references to the data in the database.
    Last edited by JCitron; March 26th, 2020 at 08:44 AM. Reason: More info.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by 1611mac View Post
    Do beta routes go (not active) after time?
    Generally 2 or 3 days before they become available for purchase.