CTD bug on editing pasted spline height values - repeatable

pware

Trainz Veteran
CTD bug on editing pasted spline height values [solved or maybe not!

I have found and reported a bug in both builds 105096 (SP1 Classic) and 105100 (Platinum) that causes a CTD. Normally I would confirm this on my second Trainz computer at a different location before reporting it but under the current "lockdown" I am unable to do so. It is repeatable - it happens every time I perform the following actions:-

1. Copy the Height Setting from a road spline point
2. Paste the value in the Height Setting for a track spline point
3. Edit the pasted value by deleting the decimal component
4. Type a new decimal component

A CTD will occur either instantly or within seconds (in which case the keyboard will be locked) - the timing seems to vary with the build number and, possibly, the size of the User Data Folder (guessing).

Any confirmations would be appreciated.

Last edited:
There's definitely a bug using the right-click pasting operation (it doesn't paste over the data even if highlighted), but I can't get it to crash.

Which keys are you using to edit - backspace, delete etc?

Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V work fine.

I highlight (Ctrl-A) the value in road spline height setting, copy (Ctrl-C).
I highlight (Ctrl-A) the value in the track spline height setting, paste (Ctrl-V).
I use backspace to clear the digits from the end, then start typing.

I highlight (Ctrl-A) the value in road spline height setting, copy (Ctrl-C).
I highlight (Ctrl-A) the value in the track spline height setting, paste (Ctrl-V).
I use backspace to clear the digits from the end, then start typing.

Working fine here on a test route. Perhaps it relates to the actual track you're applying it to? (Try a blank baseboard test).

That is exactly what I did - a single bare baseboard with a single section of road spline and a single parallel section of track spline. I raised the height of one end of the road spline and transferred its height value (using keyboard controls only) to the track spline at the same end.

I will give it another try and report back.

OK, more testing indicates that it is a problem with NumLock on my laptop. There is no NumLock light so there is no indication if the numeric keypad is acting as Cursor Arrow and special function keys or as numeric keys.

Having now toggled the NumLock key a number of times and confirmed, via a text editor, that it is in numeric mode, the problem has been resolved. But I still cannot explain why the CTDs happened, and were reproducible, in the first place.

Case Closed - operator error!

Actually, no, there's a definite bug with the numpad keys causing a crash. Thanks for the help in tracking it down.

Back