Pick List Issue - Deletes the pick list creations (A bug, or what?)

ish6

Since 2001
Morning All --

Looked around to report this issue as a bug, or other, or perhaps it's just me, so I'll report here since can't locate anywhere to submet issues -- Please keep in mind I have been away from trainz since 2017!

Anyhow, here it goes:

1. I drag an item to the Pick List default window.

2. I press Create pick-list example "Ish".

3. In my pick list I now got Default and Ish listening's; However, when I click on default it deletes the Ish pick list I just created!

4. I re-created this with multiple pick-list names, meaning I had 5 pick-lists, thus when clicking on the default it deletes all of the other pick list creations!

5. It seems no matter what I do the pick list revert back to it's original form, thus deleting any pick list created, and deleting all objects from the default list as well!

Hope this helps!
Regards
Ish

Hi Ish
I have tested this here in build 105100, and could not reproduce this.

Are you adding an item to the picklist before changing picklists, or is it an empty picklist?

Regards

1. I drag an item to the Pick List default window.

2. I press Create pick-list example "Ish".

That, to me, seems to be in the wrong order.

I always select "Create Picklist" first, give it a name and then I drag items across from the object selector.

I always avoid using the Default Picklist because it cannot be backed up

3. In my pick list I now got Default and Ish listening's; However, when I click on default it deletes the Ish pick list I just created!

On further thought this is what I think is happening.

1. Your initial drag-and-drop items have been placed into the Default Picklist.
  2. You then created a new empty picklist named "Ish". The items listed in the Default picklist should now be cleared from the display and the object drop area is now ready to accept new objects.
  3. By then clicking on Default (I am presuming that you mean you selected Change Picklist > Default) the Ish picklist is deleted because it was empty and you switched to another picklist.

If the above is correct then there is no bug.

Hi Ish
I have tested this here in build 105100, and could not reproduce this.

Are you adding an item to the picklist before changing picklists, or is it an empty picklist?

Regards

Good Morning Zec

Crazy me, but I'm trying to duplicate this issue; However, it's working as it should because I wanted to take screenshot and display it; However, to answer your question Zec Yes, I was adding items to the picklist before changing picklists!

That, to me, seems to be in the wrong order.

I always select "Create Picklist" first, give it a name and then I drag items across from the object selector.

I always avoid using the Default Picklist because it cannot be backed up

Good Morning Pware,

Yes, sir, and thank you -- I think I'll follow this example! :)

On further thought this is what I think is happening.

1. Your initial drag-and-drop items have been placed into the Default Picklist.
  2. You then created a new empty picklist named "Ish". The items listed in the Default picklist should now be cleared from the display and the object drop area is now ready to accept new objects.
  3. By then clicking on Default (I am presuming that you mean you selected Change Picklist > Default) the Ish picklist is deleted because it was empty and you switched to another picklist.

If the above is correct then there is no bug.

Good Morning Pware. again! :wave:

Yes, sir, somewhat -- However, when I do switch back to the default list it just deletes the newly created picklists, and whips out all of the items that I have place in the Pick Lists, and even in the "pick - default" window! Still, whatever the case I'm just going to follow your above idea, and should sound like safer route! :)

Thanks you guys,
You both stay safe and healthy!
Ish

PS. I just had a thought: what if this is happening when the "Pick List - default" have dozens and dozens of items! It seems to happened to me when I crowd the pick list - default, and then create a new pick - list! I guess to duplicate this issue you must add like 50 items to the pick list - default, and then create a new pick list to see what happens!

Last edited:
Back