TRS19 - getting the right DLS CONTENT

agathosdaimon

I have 2 questions - first, my TRS 19 Platinum install is out to around 120gig or so now - would this size sound about right for the platinum game, plus a bunch of extra routes from teh DLS and JR? just that i saw another thread comment on some older routes doubling in size when deleting missing dependenceies

second, in trs19 that facility to view DLS and Payware content scrolling along the bottom of the screen in hte driver section is great, but htere doesnt seem any way to make it search specifically for trs19 compatible content or content that isnt fully of faulty and missing parts - the worst thing is how so much stuff just has little or no description and little to know info on which trainz version it is for and what dependencies outside the DLS are needed. Many hours i have spent downloading a route only to at the end it be revealed that a number of critical parts are faulty or missing.

Trainz 19 is overall a fantastic product, but just really have this issue - is there some better way i can search for trs19 compatible content?

My fairly "barebones" TRS 19 SP1 (Classic) has only 69GB in the User Data Folder. My even "skinnier" TRS 19 Platinum has only 20GB. Those figures will expand enormously as you install more DLC stuff and DLS downloads.

I have seen posts in these forums from users who are reporting over 200GB in their user data folders.

Correct - it all depends on how hungry you are for downloads from the DLC/DLS. I do not have much installed on my gaming laptop, which I am now restricted to using, as I am mostly using it for route development, but there is a fair bit I am entitled to install. My desktop which is at another location (and cannot access because I am voluntarily self isolating) has a lot more DLC installed.

Hi,

The best way to search for content is to use the Content Manager from the launch screen...
Choose your desired object (route, session, item etc) using custom filters, then add a column for build number. Sort by build number, the highest in from TS 19 - there is a list on the main website or versions Vs build numbers. You'll want 4.3 as a minimum (IIRC!).

COLIN

much of my interest with stuff from DLS is for australian content and it seems that apart from a few things, nothing new appears to have been made since trainz2010,

i got the ARTC south on i believe, though it does flag in the game as having some errors - as does WeddinNSW v4 -which is odd as i believe that one is made for trs19.

the new content manager with trs19 is nice, and doesnt have the constant freezes of the old CMs but one problem i have with it and i guess much like the older ones still is that you still dont really get much info as to what many of the items are - especially when i comes to sessions - i look at the asset details but i am wondering whether it is working right because not once with trs19 has the description box in the asset details section contained any information at all.

the worst thing still is to be getting something, and only after its done see it has an error that something is payware - and only the KUID is given, so now i gotta work out what payware it is , so i guess i hae to post the kuid here and wait for someone to be able to tell me? or is there a better way with working out what a missing payware item is?

Gee this is embarrassing, I have 780 gig installed. To do a CONTROL Rebuild of database takes 2.5 hours. Regular DB is around 20 minutes. Prebuilding cache is 1.5 hours.

Back