Fighting AI for Junction Control

jcardana

Trainz Enthusiast
Can I manually take control of a junction, controlled by AI, so I can get off the single track?

I'm thinking this is BasicTrainz 101. But I've never encountered this before.

I'm manually driving my train. Ahead of me is an AI train, coming towards me. The AI stopped at the signal on the siding and is waiting for me to pass. The AI won't release the junction long enough for me to get across.

So, I'm stuck on the single track.

Feeling stupid...

Thanks for your time,
Joe

The only way I know to do it is to stop the AI train, drive yourself through, then resume the AI's schedule. I'm sure someone else with far more experience will come along and suggest an easier way though which would be good for both of us. :D

It's a case of rocks, paper, scissors.

You can stop the AI and flip the lever manually. You might have to move the AI back from the junction if the driver is too close. This is more like a temporary fix. I would check that the signalling is correct. You should use a 2-headed Diverge -type signals (Type 02 or Type 06 (JR) signal) on the single track side with the targets facing the single track, and have two Type 04/ Absolute signals on the double-track side with the targets facing towards the each track.

Type 06-05-04.jpg

Hi Joe --

" ... AI won't release the junction ... ."

Yep. Been there, done that. A Mexican stand off. Or a corn field meet. Damn nuisance too. There is something of a work around, but it means designing the track work so that AI and Player trainz can co-exist. Something like this:

My Krashnburne uses this method, with AI trainz circulating in both directions around the route while a Player is required to move from yard to yard over the single track sections. The layout is for T:ANE. It will probably work in TRS19, but do change the brightness in the environmental settings otherwise it will burn your eye balls out. That's if you don't get contaminated by the toxic sludge water first.

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?137054-New-model-railroad-layout-Krashnburne

I used the same method in Bidye Traction. It's payware I updated for TRS19:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?151370-Bidye-Traction-Railroad-into-TRS19

Phil

You could try inserting a Wait for 30s command at the front of the AI driver's schedule (I'm talking on-the-fly, when he is locking your junction). That has worked for me in the past.

You could try inserting a Wait for 30s command at the front of the AI driver's schedule (I'm talking on-the-fly, when he is locking your junction). That has worked for me in the past.
This seems to be the best solution with the least amount of effort. Thanks!

I made a sample route. Two double track sections separated with a single track. Configure the "Enhanced TRC3 Interlocking Tower".

In the Session, I have a Trigger Check, looking for any train, but in the "Interlock Tower Set Path", I can only assign to specific train???

So, again... I have a sample route as described above.
I've configured the paths to be manually assigned.
In the session, Trigger Checks waiting for trains.
Driver "Joe" gets to his trigger first and the path seems to be set, but he stops...
The video linked
is 5 minutes long.

Back