Any problems with content when upgrading Trains to latest version ?

JimDep

I'm using T:ANE SP3 and only building a route, not running or creating sessions yet. I get a reminder to upgrade the latest patch and I'm considering upgrading to Trainz 2019. It seems every time I've upgraded before, some content goes missing, misplaced or invalid in some way. When this happens, it's always a setback for spending time trying to correct the errors so I can move forward instead of reverse. I'd really like to avoid going through that again.

Has anyone had these problems transferring routes from T:ANE SP3 to 2019 or the latest T:ANE service pack ?

Thanks

SP4 was mostly painless. The only content I had trouble with is, it corrupted the tender for the NZR Ab Class tender. Given there is so little NZ rolling stock especially of the steam era ( and its all dated) this was a total bummer for me. Still, it was worth the upgrade. As for TRS 19, I wouldn't touch it given the pile of problems, but that's just my opinion.

I have few content problems with TRS19. My recommendation is as always. Backup your content folder first before doing anything. This is the same policy I have instituted since the beginning. If you do update to TRS19, check for content updates to ensure all the content that can be updated is updated.

As for TRS 19, I wouldn't touch it given the pile of problems, but that's just my opinion.

It would be really handy to get the list of your "pile of problems". I suspect the vast majority of issues you think are problems are in fact already resolved.

I'm using T:ANE SP3 and only building a route, not running or creating sessions yet. I get a reminder to upgrade the latest patch and I'm considering upgrading to Trainz 2019. It seems every time I've upgraded before, some content goes missing, misplaced or invalid in some way. When this happens, it's always a setback for spending time trying to correct the errors so I can move forward instead of reverse. I'd really like to avoid going through that again.

Has anyone had these problems transferring routes from T:ANE SP3 to 2019 or the latest T:ANE service pack ?

Thanks

Hi Jim,

I had no issues with the TANE update. You might have to do a manual database repair or 2 if you have DLC installed as it can sometimes give false errors but that is easily cleared up.

Moving a route into TRS2019 is normally painless except for the need to reset the environmental lighting settings on the route to get the lighting looking good.

If you do buy TRS2019, I would strongly recommend the TRS2019 Platinum Edition.

William

JimDep - Yes - moving from T:ANE SP3 to SP4 was painless for me too.
There are some differences upgrading routes and sessions from T:ANE SP4 to TRS19 that require some patience and focused attention, however.
Definitely worth the effort, though. Agree with wreeder, above - go for the Platinum Edition of TRS19 for the current best value for investment...

Thanks to all who replied.
Question: My only interest with Trainz is building a North American route set back 100 + years ago and creating sessions for it. What would be the advantage to getting the 2019 Platinum version vs the Trainz North America edition ?

Last edited:
Back