Trs 2019. A big thankyou. And a Question.

Alex23

Howdy Folks.
I really feel moved to say a big Thankyou to N3V for your generous offer that I Recieved in my email box a couple of weeks ago with a most generous offer to upgrade to Trs2019 which I have just recently taken up.
Due to serious IRL's, (No I havent fallen off my perch yet. At least I don't think so.:hehe:) this has come at the right time. :Y:

Question:- I am wanting to backup both TANE and 2019 to my external Hard drive. ---- 1 Terabyte available. Can I just "Copy and Paste" the N3V folder directly and is there any particular thing that I might have to look out for?

A particular point of note is that 2019 seems to run much better on my older PC than TANE. Considering that my video card is only a an older 680 I found this most surprising and pleasing.

There were other things that standout, but I will leave those for a different post. --- Perhaps.

Many Thanks to all at N3V

Alex23

Last edited:
Hello Alex23,

Long time since you have been on the forums, I wondered what happened to you.
My advice would be to backup your TRS19 DATA folder, the program can be re-downloaded once you have paid for it so no real need to back it up. Anything you download and install goes into your data folder and can be accessed from there, likewise anything you modify although I usually make a CDP of Anything I modify and store it on and external disk.

Great to see you back,
Cheers,
Bill69

Guday Bill69.
You just cheered me up a lot seeing you pop up. Now why didn't I think of that. Lol, I am getting old. That's just the ticket.
Thanks mate. Hope all is going well with you and coping with the "Lock Down"
Cheer's
Alex23

Hi Alex,

ATM we are not in total lock down, that starts on Wednesday. Won't be too bad we can still buy what we need in the way of food, petrol and ciggies, don't know about beer though, that might be more difficult although super markets have it now.
How are things in Aussie? Do you have to stay home as much as possible?

Cheers,
Bill

Pretty much similar to the way it is in NZ. In my area the panic with the supermarkets is starting to calm down slowly. Tissue paper products are still a bit of a hassle. Foodstuffs seem to be no problem at all. Cleening products seem to have gone up a bit. Oh and don't talk about soap. lol I had to buy some fancy dancy ladies perfumed stuff today. lol I'll be to scared to go out, some strange bloke might take a fancy to me. Urgh :hehe:.

Yeah I'm stuck at home a fair bit. Have to self quarantine because of the "Big C". Actually all of our states are in lock down and the last I heard, they are deploying border police to keep people out unless they are emergency services and the like.

lol, like you I still got my cigs and Johny Walker available. Got some other games I can play on the PC as well that can stop me going around the twist. "World of Warships" has been a bit of a Hoot.

Anyways. Stay safe Mate.

Alex

Question:- I am wanting to backup both TANE and 2019 to my external Hard drive. ---- 1 Terabyte available. Can I just "Copy and Paste" the N3V folder directly and is there any particular thing that I might have to look out for?

It is never as easy as a "simple copy and paste". There are two separate "things" involved here - the software (the Trainz program) and the data (all your installed assets, DLC, etc). They are not stored in the same location, and may even be on different physical drives.

The location of the Trainz program (both TANE and TRS19) can be found by right mouse clicking on the screen shortcut icon for both programs and selecting "Open File Location". While I have never copied the program to another drive, there are those in these forums who state that it does work. You will need to copy all the contents in this folder - or better still, back up one level to the containing folder and copy that.

The location of the user data is stored in the Trainz Launcher - Trainz Settings - Install Tab. This can be an enormous quantity of data and can take hours and a lot of space to copy. The Trainz Wiki has detailed instructions for doing this at http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Manage_Backups - read the section on Backing Up All Your User Content.

High pware. Thankyou for that explanation, it is very much appreciated.:) What I have decided to do is to save to cdp what assets I have downloaded and keep them safe on the external drive and also my E Drive. I can then Uninstall TANE and get back the space on my Hard Drive which I am running short on. Being able to redownload what I have purchased is a blessing.

Thankyou Both for your help.

Alex

While I have never copied the program to another drive, there are those in these forums who state that it does work. You will need to copy all the contents in this folder - or better still, back up one level to the containing folder and copy that

Well necessity has just forced me to do just that. My C: drive was getting a bit crowded for comfort so I decided to move my copy of TRS 19 SP1 to the D: drive which is practically empty. I followed my own instructions above and they worked (why am I amazed by that?). On starting TRS 19 SP1 from its new location it asked me to select my graphics preferred settings (Low, Medium, High, Ultra), then I had to renter my username and password and point the new installation to my User Data Drive - which was already on the D: drive so it did not need to be moved. Everything works!

Back