Request Control Points Explaination

jcardana

Trainz Enthusiast
I'm building the New Mexico Rail Runner route.

I received an Employee Timetable PDF from them and it lists 17 control points along the 90+mile route.

I know I can't have signals along a single section of track (corn field meetings).

But looking at Google Maps/Earth some of the CPs are in the middle of single track sections and others at sidings.

So my questions...
How does the railway use these?
Do I need to remove the single track ones and keep the ones at the sidings?
How would I go about using them in TRS19?

Thank you for your time,
Joe

You can have signals along single track now but you need to use the enhanced interlocking tower to control trains on it.

Is "enhanced" different from a normal interlocking towers, I'm just starting to research and tinker with those.

There are some more (better) features that the base ones have that will make things a lot easier to use.

A "controlled point" is a remotely controlled signal. However, "control points" are almost literally that, a designated point which they use to control movement (usually by train order or bulletin order) that can be readily identified from the train; and can include things like mileposts, crossings, bridges, and stations.

Generally, speaking in the United States:

There are two types of signals. Block Signals or Automatic Signals. They are distinguished by the fact that they have a number plate on them. Most of the time now they can be passed at restrictive speed historically some roads wanted their crews to stop before passing them unless they had a "G" plate on them for Grade.

The other type was a controlled signal which means "Stop and Stay" These signals will stay Red until a request is made to clear them. Two types of Controlled Signals evolved "Interlockings" and then with CTC "Control Points" Interlocking Rules were set up to cover three basic situations. Consolidation of multiple tracks, Drawbridges, and more then one railroad crossing each other at the same level also known as a diamond crossing. Control Points had less restrictive rules. The tendency now which I don't agree with is to make everything control points.

amazing informative post

Ivory Researcher is a name that came into existence to help the students in their academic journey. The primary aim is to aid all the students who are busy with their part time jobs, lack writing and language skills or are not very good at the subject knowledge in writing assignments and grow in the academics. Housing a team of more than 5000 academic experts across the globe, the students can take personalized do my coursework and do my assignment from the expert of their preferred country.Thumbs up with further dissertation help sharing please continues sharing.

Back