.
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: ATSF 4-8-4 for trainz for free or pay?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    United States of America, OH, Dayton
    Posts
    34
     

    Default ATSF 4-8-4 for trainz for free or pay?

    There is a atsf 4-8-4 in the download station, but it's missing some things once downloaded, (bell, cab interior, different views, engine specs). Does anyone know of a freeware or pay 4-8-4 in ATSF livery anywhere else?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    66
     

    Default

    If you're patient, K&L has #3751 on their project page. While I don't speak for them, based on their past work it should be out sometime this year. https://kltrainz.com/projects/

    The Backshop also have a freeware 4-8-4 on their site. https://www.thebackshops.com/trains/...rge_steam.html

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    United States of America, OH, Dayton
    Posts
    34
     

    Default

    Thank you, ill check them out.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    United States of America, OH, Dayton
    Posts
    34
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coble12 View Post
    If you're patient, K&L has #3751 on their project page. While I don't speak for them, based on their past work it should be out sometime this year. https://kltrainz.com/projects/

    The Backshop also have a freeware 4-8-4 on their site. https://www.thebackshops.com/trains/...rge_steam.html
    I looked at both these places. Thank you, the work is amazing. Will download on Sunday after work.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Republic of California
    Posts
    7,727
     

    Default

    Colorado71 (https://colorado71.webs.com/) has some ATSF Berkshires available, one freeware and a group of payware fwiiw.

    Last edited by normhart; March 20th, 2020 at 07:27 AM.
    The United State's Health Care System ranks 37th in the world just behind Costa Rica.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    66
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Empire_Builder View Post
    I looked at both these places. Thank you, the work is amazing. Will download on Sunday after work.
    You're most welcome, hope you enjoy 'em.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    United States of America, OH, Dayton
    Posts
    34
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coble12 View Post
    If you're patient, K&L has #3751 on their project page. While I don't speak for them, based on their past work it should be out sometime this year. https://kltrainz.com/projects/

    The Backshop also have a freeware 4-8-4 on their site. https://www.thebackshops.com/trains/...rge_steam.html

    I downloaded the files for the engine, but after extracting 7z files and putting them in the trains packages folder, nothing is showing up. I don't know if the files work with the 2019 edition of trainz

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New Caledonia
    Posts
    3,462
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Empire_Builder View Post
    I downloaded the files for the engine, but after extracting 7z files and putting them in the trains packages folder, nothing is showing up.
    The contents of the zip are .CDP files - you don't put them in the packages folder. In Content Manager do File \ Import Content Files and import the .CDP files.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    United States of America, OH, Dayton
    Posts
    34
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SailorDan View Post
    The contents of the zip are .CDP files - you don't put them in the packages folder. In Content Manager do File \ Import Content Files and import the .CDP files.

    Did this. Corrected some minor stuff. And yep, its listed in my content manager, but not on the editor. I think its because its for a different version of trainz and doesn't work with 19.
    Last edited by Empire_Builder; March 23rd, 2020 at 03:35 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill
    Posts
    27,513
     

    Default

    Nice locomotives. I saw a nice slideshow featuring the 2-8-4's quite a number of years ago except they were on the Boston and Maine at the time. They proved problematic on the B&M due to wheel slippage and other issues, and those that weren't sold to the AT&SF, were scrapped.

    https://locomotive.fandom.com/wiki/Boston_and_Maine_T1
    Last edited by JCitron; March 23rd, 2020 at 12:59 PM.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 106618

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New Caledonia
    Posts
    3,462
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Empire_Builder View Post
    Did this. Corrected some minor stuff. And yep, its listed in my content manager, but not on the editor. I think its because its for a different version of trainz and doesn't work with 19.
    These assets work just fine in TRS19 and don't need minor corrections. They are originally built for TRS20019 SP3 but are compatible with later versions. What is this 'editor' to which you refer? Where they are listed in Content Manager, what is the Status?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •