Content creation during a pandemic.

My illness keeps me housebound so it doesn't make a lot of difference to me since I don't go anywhere. Trainz as always keeps my mind active and the creative juices flowing.

Nice screenshot, -very like something from the Twilight Zone.

9znjiZj.jpg

Same here. I've always been a bit of a hermit. My doctor asked me if I go out anywhere and socialize a few months ago during a routine checkup. I said not really. She looked at me puzzled. I went on to tell her that I like being alone, have plenty of things to do, and don't need to be entertained and bothered by others. She looked at me and then laughed. In all seriousness, I tend to stay home because I fall, have balance issues, muscle spasms in my legs, and gawd awful fatigue. When I could, I used to ride a bicycle and passed out one day and landed about 1/2 meter from some poison ivy. I then went for walks and found myself nearly crawling home. After that, I decided it wasn't worth it so I stay home.

To stay busy I spend my day Trainzing and practicing the piano when I can. I'm working on a few things at the moment and my online teacher is publishing a couple of pieces I recorded soon(tm) up on YouTube on his channel.

I know what you mean. Got any TP? Seriously haven't been able to get any for 2 weeks, but still have a little. 7.30am and no luck even though our supermarkets are now open 7-8am for seniors only. So 7am tomorrow, you know where I'll be. I just don't get it, but I stay home most of the time anyway, and there are no cases anywhere around here, only Sydney which is 2 hours drive away, 3 if you want to get into the centre. Just finding issues with SP4, so something else to wonder about. Good artwork though, hope they aren't real :hehe:

Our governor made a statement last Saturday about panic buying. If anyone is caught raiding and hoarding at a supermarket for any reason, they will be stopped and their cart will be confiscated and possibly arrested. He said it's not fair to those that can't get out regularly and have to go without.

Last Friday we did our normal go out and get a few things at the local market. We needed some paper towels, a few things for suppers, and some boxed cereal for dad. There wasn't single role of TP on the shelves and I picked up 4 rolls of the cheapest and thinnest paper towels ever made. We need those because we have a sick cat and have to keep cleaning up after her. (She's really old and not long for this world).

The market was mobbed with people grabbing cases, upon cases of bottled water and stuff in a mad frenzy. One very grossly obese woman pushed her cart ahead of me at the cereal aisle and proceeded to use her arm to sweep multiple boxes into her already overflowing cart! She then nearly ran over my foot on her way off as she pushed her way through the crowded store to gather more food.

While waiting in the check-out line, one older man said boy there must be a blizzard coming! Another elder woman with a few things, who we allowed ahead of us in the checkout, told me there's a rumor going around that Market Basket is closing so people were in a frenzy to buy everything up. They were closing early on Saturday to take inventory, that's all!

Good luck getting TP. I heard from someone that people bought it up to make masks out of it. I believe it!

Got caught off base (vacation), may have to negotiate with "authorities" so I can get back home and be locked down *there* instead (g).

I'm still recuperating from Histoplasmosa & a 22 day stay in the hospital so I'm at home and enjoying it. Don't want to go out in the chilly, damp weather anyhow. Been that way here in Arkansas for weeks now. I can barely remember what the SUN looks like! LOL!

Just spend my time with physical and speech therapy ladies who come by during the week. Then on the 'puter either watching Youtube rail cams, Hulu or Netflix, or playing FarCry4 or American Truck Simulator. What? I'm not playing with Trainz?? Nope. A.I. locos don't obey instructions. That's my biggest gripe with the game right now. Passenger trains not stopping at stations, A.I. Trains going backwards, A.I. trains not going the correct speed, etc.

Content Creation? Nope. Don't have the desire right now. Don't know if I ever will again. Can't get motivated. . . .

Everyone take care of yourself. When you get 73 you never know what'll put you down. But I intend to get back up.

Construction has not slowed here on the Space Coast of Florida. I drive a concrete mixer and so far full steam ahead with no breaks in site. Opps got to go I have a curb machine waiting on me.

Dave

Social distancing and self-isolation can be a productive time if you are a content creator (hopefully you are not actually sick).

I chose to waste my time making coronas out of corona virus. Reminds me of watching The Twilight Zone on TV when I was a kid. How are you dealing with the madness?

AmqA1L7.jpg

I hope you post that pic in the weekly contest thread. It's really cool.

Thanks again for the Kauai Route. I spent many hours tweaking it to run a bunch of AI's over your beautiful landscape.

Computer crashed about a week ago, dead computer *sigh*. But that's alright, I got my old model railroad stuff out from storage. I figure I'll just lay track on the floor and mess around with the old models.

As far as the pandemic goes, it got a bit hardcore over here. No gun battles over TP, but quite a bit of panic. It's as contagious as the virus is. Going to have to work through this but more worried for my parents than myself.

Seems your work wasn't such a waste of time after all. Good reception so far! It's very much right up that TZ/OL sort of genre.

Btw goes without saying to always remember where you place your glasses during these trying times. Would be a shame to go without them ;)

I sadly work in retail for minimum wage so I have no alternative but to go to work. It's fun having people blame me for the empty shelves or the fact they can't buy something. It's just a shame that this virus doesn't just kill off people with low IQ or mentality.

When the chips are down, situations either bring out in people, the good side, selfish side, the bad and/or show up folk whom just need commonsense. It is the pasta (as well as tp) that have left shelves a bit bare in the supermarkets here in town over the days going by what my partner mentioned when he went there after work to get a couple of cans of beer. He saw a woman grabbing handfulls of pasta packets.

Having seen what has happened in some supermakets in Aussie, I have been a bit hesitant about going, but ventured out yesterday to do a regular shop and found folk wandering around "normally" so that was a relief. I prefer to be an unsociable butterfly really :cool:, so stay home mostly enjoying trainz. But I do admit of spending a lot of time recently in Red Dead Redemption 2 wandering the land on my trusty steed. What a tear jerker RDR2 is with the main story line.

Anyways, have a great day folks. Oh yes, great screenshot too Dinorius_Redundicus.

I sadly work in retail for minimum wage so I have no alternative but to go to work. It's fun having people blame me for the empty shelves or the fact they can't buy something. It's just a shame that this virus doesn't just kill off people with low IQ or mentality.

Unfortunately a crisis will bring out the worst in some people as well as the best in others so I guess it's something we will just have to roll with. Our supermarkets here in New Zealand are putting restrictions on how many of certain grocery items can be purchased at a time which is certainly a good thing.
As for the mad levels of toilet paper purchasing it's completely daft and completely unnecessary; - unless being found dead with a brilliantly clean backside really matters to some people.

unless being found dead with a brilliantly clean backside really matters to some people.

I used to have nightmares about that. My mother insisted that it is important to always have clean underwear on. "Why?" I would ask. "Because", she invariably replied, "if you have to be taken to hospital then people would notice". End of argument!

My Mum used to say that to me too when I was a kiddie. Must've been some kind of generational thing from the era our Mums grew up in.

Well, for me being in Kansas, out here is kinda of a heavily panicky nightmare. We don't have too many cases which means everyone is on edge about it, toilet paper is obviously gone, school's just closed yesterday and seniors (including me because I haven't graduated yet, but am a senior) are sad because they're afraid we won't walk the stage in May. I'm not worried about it that much because, even though I have Crohn's, apparently I'll have a better time getting through corona because of the infused med I'm taking to control Crohn's. I hope you guys last through it. Legit.

I heard that the virus is spread by direct contact with rolls of toilet paper.

Then the current shortage of toilet paper in the shops is a real blessing - and all those who have hoarded them are in deep trouble!

Fortunately us Aussie have always had a perfectly good natural substitute - Gum leaves. But wait - most of our Gum Trees were destroyed in the recent fires - so we are all in deep do-do!!!!

Back