.
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 156

Thread: Content creation during a pandemic.

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, New York, Allegany
    Posts
    1,495
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pware View Post

    Life goes on. We will all come through it and have a tale to tell our grand-kids who, of course, will not believe a word of it.
    I hope you're right, as that would indicate they are growing up in a saner world than what we are currently living in.
    T:ANE Standard SP2 to SP3
    TRS 2012 build 61388

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    8,335
    Blog Entries
    30
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
    ... which is easy for me anyway because I'm a hermit.
    ...
    So now I have a mental picture of you dressed as Luke Skywalker (the older version), or Obi Wan Kenobi, playing your harpsichord.

    Paul


  3. #93
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Georgia, Rocky Face
    Posts
    4,384
    Blog Entries
    39
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pcas1986 View Post
    So now I have a mental picture of you dressed as Luke Skywalker (the older version), or Obi Wan Kenobi, playing your harpsichord.
    I am your father.
    Owner of Freeman Locomotive Works.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    In Front Of My PC
    Posts
    685
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jordon412 View Post
    I am your father.
    I think that is physically impossible, as He is 70 y/o, And you are 30 y/o, And you say YOU are his father
    You must be a time traveler ? Unless you saying that you are your own grandpaw ?

    A full moon, daylight saving time, friday the 13th, Stocks crash, and now coronavirus, all in the same week, Who the heck is playing Jumanji ?
    Last edited by MP242; March 25th, 2020 at 09:44 AM.
    My apologies to all. I have decided that in these horrible current events, we all need to stick together as a Community

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    170
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KotangaGirl View Post
    When triple ply strength is really important.


    It's nice to hear most forum-dwellers are well and using their time wisely on Trainz.

    In real life I am Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer working for one of Oz's big airlines, at the local major airport. I took a scheduled 8 weeks off work to welcome the arrival of a young daughter whom just turned a month old, and I still have a month to go before I am supposed to return to work. Talk about exceptional timing ! We are hunkered down at home tag-teaming baby duty between the wife and I, and I am hacking away at my next DLS route when I can get a few moments to do so.

    I don't think my employer will layoff any engineering staff, as we are understaffed nationally (unlike Qantas) and they will need us all in a few months.

    I am, however, expecting a call from work asking if I can take more time off, rather than return to work with the airport in it's current state of disuse.

    To this request my answer will be a hearty " MOST CERTAINLY GOOD SIR, SEND ME THE PAPERWORK ! "
    Last edited by anathoth71; March 25th, 2020 at 12:08 PM.
    Forthcoming DLS releases - DSEPR02 Pilbara Iron, and DSEPR03 London to Lille

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill
    Posts
    26,675
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anathoth71 View Post
    When triple ply strength is really important.


    It's nice to hear most forum-dwellers are well and using their time wisely on Trainz.

    In real life I am Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer working for one of Oz's big airlines, at the local major airport. I took a scheduled 8 weeks off work to welcome the arrival of a young daughter whom just turned a month old, and I still have a month to go before I am supposed to return to work. Talk about exceptional timing ! We are hunkered down at home tag-teaming baby duty between the wife and I, and I am hacking away at my next DLS route when I can get a few moments to do so.

    I don't think my employer will layoff any engineering staff, as we are understaffed nationally (unlike Qantas) and they will need us all in a few months.

    I am, however, expecting a call from work asking if I can take more time off, rather than return to work with the airport in it's current state of disuse.

    To this request my answer will be a hearty " MOST CERTAINLY GOOD SIR, SEND ME THE PAPERWORK ! "
    Congratulations on the birth of your daughter. This will most certainly keep you busy!

    I think all technical positions will be needed especially those in the high-tech industry due to the number of people working from home. People may no longer be needed in an office, but they are surely needed by the home-workers who have trouble connecting. I'm now retired, but in my tech days, I spent many hours walking through work-at-home users with their connection issues. In some cases it was a software-only issue and I did remote login to check their settings for their email or applications they were running. This worked out well during our snowstorms as well because I could work from my own desk at home rather than sit in traffic for 4 hours to go 50 km to work.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 105100

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Georgia, Rocky Face
    Posts
    4,384
    Blog Entries
    39
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MP242 View Post
    I think that is physically impossible, as He is 70 y/o, And you are 30 y/o, And you say YOU are his father
    You must be a time traveler ? Unless you saying that you are your own grandpaw ?

    A full moon, daylight saving time, friday the 13th, Stocks crash, and now coronavirus, all in the same week, Who the heck is playing Jumanji ?
    I was referring to this moment in cinematic history (Ignore the ad at the beginning):
    Owner of Freeman Locomotive Works.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Australia, NSW, Sydney
    Posts
    6,539
    Blog Entries
    3
     

    Default

    We went to the local supermarket this morning just after opening time - the first hour of shopping in all the major supermarkets Mon to Fri is dedicated to older shoppers, and those who have disabilities. We were checked by security on the way in - all we had to show was a Government issued "Seniors Card", pension card, etc. We encountered no crowds, no "nastiness" (everyone was polite and courteous). Standing positions 1.5 metres apart were marked on the floor at the checkout queues but there were no queues at the checkouts.

    On the shelves were many items we had not seen in weeks (although hand sanitizer was still not available) and the best part was that we were able to get a 9 pack of toilet rolls - pure gold!
    TRS19 Platinum 105100 - TRS19 SP1 (standard) 105096 - TANE SP4 105766

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Burnside, Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    5,433
     

    Default

    I'm in self-imposed lock-down/quarantine . At 91 years of age the risk of infection and death is too high to go wandering. I am lucky as my daughter is nursing my Mastercard and is shopping for me and I have the Internet to keep me sane.

    We are definitely entering a different world.

    Peter
    Last edited by narrowgauge; March 25th, 2020 at 09:54 PM.
    I5-6 Core CPU. 1070-Ti video card, 16GB memory

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Republic of California
    Posts
    7,403
     

    Default

    The other side of the world and we have the same guidelines, local grocery is open to seniors only from 8-9 AM. I'm staying in my house except for Dr.s appointments (COPD, bad heart, lung cancer) and the quick sortie for groceries, still no TP on the shelves but I've got a month's worth on hand. What concerns me is what kind of world will be left once 1 or 2% of the population has died, mostly elderly? Better or worse? Kinder or meaner?
    The United State's Health Care System ranks 37th in the world just behind Costa Rica.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Burnside, Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    5,433
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by normhart View Post
    The other side of the world and we have the same guidelines, local grocery is open to seniors only from 8-9 AM. I'm staying in my house except for Dr.s appointments (COPD, bad heart, lung cancer) and the quick sortie for groceries, still no TP on the shelves but I've got a month's worth on hand. What concerns me is what kind of world will be left once 1 or 2% of the population has died, mostly elderly? Better or worse? Kinder or meaner?
    I don't think it will change, we will still have politicians.

    Norm, you mention your doctor. In OZ most doctor have reverted to phone contact for all but the most serious conditions. I don't blame them.

    Peter
    I5-6 Core CPU. 1070-Ti video card, 16GB memory

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Australia, NSW, Sydney
    Posts
    6,539
    Blog Entries
    3
     

    Default

    We (my partner and I) just did our regular Thursday evening (local time) exercise class via Zoom video meeting software. Because we had to improvise due to lack of equipment and they had to change the exercises to suit, it was actually a harder workout than being at the actual gym.

    So much for using the virus as an excuse
    TRS19 Platinum 105100 - TRS19 SP1 (standard) 105096 - TANE SP4 105766

  13. #103

    Default

    I'm using Zoom for my doctor's appointments now, only because they forced me to
    I play Trainz with a laptop

    HP Z Book 17, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, NVIDIA Quadro K5100M, Mobile Intel QM87.

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill
    Posts
    26,675
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ministerfarrigut View Post
    I'm using Zoom for my doctor's appointments now, only because they forced me to
    Zoom is great. I had some piano lessons that way with someone located in Belgium. Since I'm a member of his Patreon group, we have a group meeting with up to 6 people once a month. These are great 2 hour sessions.

    I have a neurology appointment coming up late in April. I may suggest that with the office rather than traveling to the clinic and get infected.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 105100

  15. #105
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    United States of America, Tennessee, Chattanooga
    Posts
    676
    Blog Entries
    1
     

    Default

    I have been playing piano since I was 7
    - Micah

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •