Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Content creation during a pandemic.

Hybrid View

Default Content creation during a pandemic.

Social distancing and self-isolation can be a productive time if you are a content creator (hopefully you are not actually sick).

I chose to waste my time making coronas out of corona virus. Reminds me of watching The Twilight Zone on TV when I was a kid. How are you dealing with the madness?

Last edited by Dinorius_Redundicus; March 17th, 2020 at 10:36 PM.
    T:ANE SP4 build 105946 and TRS2019 SP1 build 105096
    Win 10, i7 5820K, 3.3 GHz, 32GB ram, GTX 980Ti, 2x512GB SSD

Quarantining Since March 1st In Front Of My PC

Quote Originally Posted by Dinorius_Redundicus View Post
    Social distancing and self-isolation can be a productive time if you are a content creator (hopefully you are not actually sick). I chose to waste my time making corona virus coronas. How are you dealing with the madness https://i.imgur.com/AmqA1L7.jpg
    Hopefully it is not too late, I have been quarantining for 4 weeks because I am afraid to go outside, wish that everyone else in the World had the little sense that I did, and that they did the same thing

I am madly working away on my route
    Last edited by MP242; March 17th, 2020 at 10:31 PM.
    The expression: "Avoiding it like it is the Plague" just doesn't make any sense. Humans just don't do that very well.

United States of America, Wisconsin, Wisc Rapids
    Blog Entries

By treating it like any other day (which might be over soon since there are cases happening in my area), and by working on my Trainz routes and sessions, and take the exams since my college has suspended classes during exam week..

BTW, like your picture you made there.

Cheers

NARM's site^

My personal site: https://hiawathamr.weebly.com/​

My illness keeps me housebound so it doesn't make a lot of difference to me since I don't go anywhere. Trainz as always keeps my mind active and the creative juices flowing.

Nice screenshot, -very like something from the Twilight Zone.

Narcolepsy is not napping.

I know what you mean. Got any TP? Seriously haven't been able to get any for 2 weeks, but still have a little. 7.30am and no luck even though our supermarkets are now open 7-8am for seniors only. So 7am tomorrow, you know where I'll be. I just don't get it, but I stay home most of the time anyway, and there are no cases anywhere around here, only Sydney which is 2 hours drive away, 3 if you want to get into the centre. Just finding issues with SP4, so something else to wonder about. Good artwork though, hope they aren't real

Blog Entries

In a hundred years that image will be hanging in a museum somewhere.
    A true dystopian masterpiece.
    Toujours Prêt!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Alikiwi View Post
    I know what you mean. Got any TP? Seriously haven't been able to get any for 2 weeks, but still have a little. 7.30am and no luck even though our supermarkets are now open 7-8am for seniors only. So 7am tomorrow, you know where I'll be. I just don't get it, but I stay home most of the time anyway, and there are no cases anywhere around here, only Sydney which is 2 hours drive away, 3 if you want to get into the centre. Just finding issues with SP4, so something else to wonder about. Good artwork though, hope they aren't real
    Same in California and other areas of the Nation......

But I had a conversation one time with Plumbing house, while trying to get small Rubber Ring for old but still very good operating Toilet we had, need a little repair, most folks would have just thrown the Toilet out, and got a new one, I almost had too........

So when I went to this plumbing house which is carries a lot of items, they said they didn't have it, so I said, you'll order it.....And the guy got a funny look on his face, well, I would have it sooner, but I can place the order till end of this month, mind you, that was 3 weeks in the future, because they have a minimum order. Otherwise will have to pay extra charge or it wont be accepted, I don't quite recall, as this was 3 years ago....

I started laughing, so you don't want me to use my broken toilette for one month while I wait for Rubber O-Ring, and the guy says, well, if need be, maybe better to buy a toilet..... I told him, laughing out loud, it's OK, I will wait, I have more than one Toilet in my house, but I suspect other folks might not be that lucky....And I asked him, it this part of that "JUST IN TIME INVENTORY ORDERING THEY SPEAK OF" He busted out laughing so hard, it we both had a laugh. Yup, this is supposed to keep your inventory costs down significantly......

Uh Oh ya, except when you need parts and it takes days or weeks to get what you need with the all the Red Tape.....

While I think about it, I had the same problem with a Car Dealership, and ordering, they got short incomplete parts for my Truck, it was supposed to take 2 days for new installation of Trailer Wiring Harness Module, of which my Truck has ready place for it to be installed as option, ended up after they found order incomplete, 8 days later I get my vehicle back..Another just in time inventory issue......

So when you say there is not TP around, it is same here.........And what is even funnier, we have an excess inventory of certain types of Manufacturing items, Cars, Washers, Dryers Refrigerator's, But yet when you need parts, it might be a completely different story......

I wish you good luck on your journey for Toilet needs. You might have to have the Store to order it, an wait till it comes in.........

On a funny note, a well known, probably largest company in the world wrote this......Kinda late to game I think.......

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattper...avirus-demand/

I keep abreast of the virus situation in Oz, and there is one aspect that does not seem to be mentioned. There is a lot of concern about 'panic buying' and 'bare shelves' but no-one seems to work back to what could be an equal part of the problem. Every thing we buy has to be made and if the manufacturer shuts down due to lack of staff who are hidden at home, where does our stuff come from? All our commentators glibly mourn that the 'footy' is affected and our PM asks us not to 'panic buy'. Nobody mentions the 'supply side' of the situation.

Peter
    I5-6 Core CPU. 1070-Ti video card, 16GB memory

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by Alikiwi View Post
    Our governor made a statement last Saturday about panic buying. If anyone is caught raiding and hoarding at a supermarket for any reason, they will be stopped and their cart will be confiscated and possibly arrested. He said it's not fair to those that can't get out regularly and have to go without.

Last Friday we did our normal go out and get a few things at the local market. We needed some paper towels, a few things for suppers, and some boxed cereal for dad. There wasn't single role of TP on the shelves and I picked up 4 rolls of the cheapest and thinnest paper towels ever made. We need those because we have a sick cat and have to keep cleaning up after her. (She's really old and not long for this world).

The market was mobbed with people grabbing cases, upon cases of bottled water and stuff in a mad frenzy. One very grossly obese woman pushed her cart ahead of me at the cereal aisle and proceeded to use her arm to sweep multiple boxes into her already overflowing cart! She then nearly ran over my foot on her way off as she pushed her way through the crowded store to gather more food.

While waiting in the check-out line, one older man said boy there must be a blizzard coming! Another elder woman with a few things, who we allowed ahead of us in the checkout, told me there's a rumor going around that Market Basket is closing so people were in a frenzy to buy everything up. They were closing early on Saturday to take inventory, that's all!

Good luck getting TP. I heard from someone that people bought it up to make masks out of it. I believe it!
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 106618

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by KotangaGirl View Post
    My illness keeps me housebound so it doesn't make a lot of difference to me since I don't go anywhere. Trainz as always keeps my mind active and the creative juices flowing.

Nice screenshot, -very like something from the Twilight Zone.

Same here. I've always been a bit of a hermit. My doctor asked me if I go out anywhere and socialize a few months ago during a routine checkup. I said not really. She looked at me puzzled. I went on to tell her that I like being alone, have plenty of things to do, and don't need to be entertained and bothered by others. She looked at me and then laughed. In all seriousness, I tend to stay home because I fall, have balance issues, muscle spasms in my legs, and gawd awful fatigue. When I could, I used to ride a bicycle and passed out one day and landed about 1/2 meter from some poison ivy. I then went for walks and found myself nearly crawling home. After that, I decided it wasn't worth it so I stay home.

To stay busy I spend my day Trainzing and practicing the piano when I can. I'm working on a few things at the moment and my online teacher is publishing a couple of pieces I recorded soon(tm) up on YouTube on his channel.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 106618

Got caught off base (vacation), may have to negotiate with "authorities" so I can get back home and be locked down *there* instead (g).

United States of America, Arkansas, Jonesboro

I'm still recuperating from Histoplasmosa & a 22 day stay in the hospital so I'm at home and enjoying it. Don't want to go out in the chilly, damp weather anyhow. Been that way here in Arkansas for weeks now. I can barely remember what the SUN looks like! LOL!

Just spend my time with physical and speech therapy ladies who come by during the week. Then on the 'puter either watching Youtube rail cams, Hulu or Netflix, or playing FarCry4 or American Truck Simulator. What? I'm not playing with Trainz?? Nope. A.I. locos don't obey instructions. That's my biggest gripe with the game right now. Passenger trains not stopping at stations, A.I. Trains going backwards, A.I. trains not going the correct speed, etc.

Content Creation? Nope. Don't have the desire right now. Don't know if I ever will again. Can't get motivated. . . .

Everyone take care of yourself. When you get 73 you never know what'll put you down. But I intend to get back up.

Thumbs up

Good evening all,

1st to Kotanga Girl, always have the best in wishes for you, and love your creations too.......You have some intense inner strength to deal with your condition.

And to the rest here, I do work in my church as far as helping the Homeless, Etc. Our church has canceled Mass for the Rest of this month, possibly all of next month depending, and that is OK if we can get a handle on this Virus.

All my business meetings and Social Meetings as would be expected, where I do some other Charity Work are as well canceled!

Am I worried?

Am I hogging food, running around like a scared chicken in the markets.......?

Am I glued to the TV set for all day?

No and No, Throughout my life have always prepared for the worst outcome and hoped for the best, be it Financial Markets or personal things that have happened with my health, I have had 3 near death experiences!!!

Like others note here,

I treat it just like another day, go along with my business, be polite, and try to do good by helping others out.......

Will I catch the Virus who knows, and I am not a bit worried, my heart does not need that stress.

Instead, I am having fun with Trainz projects and doing a lot, and I mean a lot, of deferred maintenance on the house etc. For example I was working in my back yard today, doing some much needed gardening, repair some Sprinklers, and fixing some Concrete on my retaining walls. I still have some more Roofing repair of a 20x20 foot area where the sheathing of the Roof buckled for some odd reason.....But I will get it repaired. My other repairs have held through the 3-4 inches of Rain we've had the last 2 months, so it appears I did a good job.......Found some shoddy workmanship from 29 yrs ago when I had our new roof installed, shameful, but you know how it goes in the construction biz. Time is money, quantity over quality takes over, unfortunately!!!!''
    Like laying up Dry Wall panels, yes I have laid Dry Wall, and Cement, and Electrical, and Plumbing, I better stop...Before I get on a Roll here.......

Want to know what was so nice about today, it was quite around here, peaceful, and the Sun was out, I was enjoying the beginning of Spring warmth, and then it Rained this afternoon. And our local mountains looked beautiful with a fresh coat of Snow on them.....Picturesque....

Before the Storm

After this 2 weeks of Storms.....

I had a wonderful time outside with mother nature, it was so refreshing. It was a good day for me and Family.

Tonight we went to our Costco, they had been super busy during the day, tonight it was much better, afterwards we went across the street and had a drive thru Hamburger and FF's to support one of our local restaurants......

Our family is following the Rules, as this Virus moves into the US, we pray for those who are sick, to return to good health. We also know there will be those who may pass on, this is part of a life cycle event.

The main thing, keep a focus, try to be part of the solution........Not a hindrance!

I pray each day for all of us.....And am so happy to have wonderful Forum like this.

I bid you all peaceful Evening.........Thank you for sharing your thoughts here today.

Thanks very much Blue, you look after yourself too.
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

United States of America, Tennessee, Chattanooga
    Blog Entries

where i live there is only one case of COVID-19 in our area and I expect that number to go up and in the state of Tennessee there are 78 cases of that virus
    - Micah