Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Content creation during a pandemic.

Yes, I do not understand some people at all. As it is Easter and a long weekend and the need to stay home, some selfish, thoughtless people still break the rules and try to drive km's to their holiday homes and hotspots. Apparently some have "sneaked" there at night too, thinking they will not be noticed going by what some residents are saying. The thing is when the lights get turned on in a holiday house, when they are normally off over a long period, it is pretty obvious what the people there have done.

Anyways my route is slowly plodding along, saw this drawing and have altered it a bit by adding the cat, some colour etc. Leonardo da Vinci would be proud!

"Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day."

Quarantining Since March 1st In Front Of My PC

I am just glad that I have Trainz, and hobbies to help me while away the time spent indoors quarantined, I have been outside 4 times since March 1st, (2 times to the food store with a mask and latex gloves on, and 2 times moving equipment out of my old house, staying alone and distant from all other people). This pandemic first started in November 2019, and was not taken seriously until late March 2020, I don't understand why there was a 4 month delayed response ?

There was a 4 season TV show just like this pandemic, called: "The Last Man On Earth" with Will Forte

I don't know how people keep their sanity, with no hobbies or pass times to help take their mind off of things. I am prepared for the long haul, staying locked down, staying inside, until at least January 2021.

I have my route(s) and enough payware locos to keep me busy, and occupied for a year.

Daily, I clean house, mop the kitchen floor, do dish's, do wash and drier, cook meals for us, feed the dogs and cats, and when I sit down at the PC my GF yells at me to get off the dang computer
    Last edited by MP242; April 9th, 2020 at 07:06 PM.
    My apologies to all. I have decided that in these horrible current events, we all need to stick together as a Community

it is so easy for folk to eventually get bored at home and family negatives raised - such as violence has apparently increased. Yes one can have a hobby such as us on Trainz but you still need breaks and only getting to a supermarket while routine other places closed is a thing that will bring increased problems. Heavens I am overdue for a dashed haircut! As for me I live myself these days and before long being stuck in is a bore and even going to a supermarket or a short walk is not a solving of things. Swedes are very fortunate as they can do what I like doing and pop into a cafe, restaurant even cinema!

Now being trying to stick to a giant rail project have had for a while but housebound is not a pleasure nor encouraging.

Two years ago (round about) when I developed severe type 1 narcolepsy I went through a time of depression and grief about not being able to do the things I used to do and with the help of our local mental health service I got back on my feet again and was able to accept that this how my life is now so for me living in what amounts to a state of lockdown commanded by my illness and not going anywhere is old news and I'm well used to it. However that doesn't mean that I've forgotten what it was like going through that process of acceptance so I can well understand why many people are having problems with having to live an isolated life. For me though all I had to worry about was having a sudden catalepsy episode away from home, - for the population of the world at present though the odds are higher, - you could die. Those who are breaking the lockdown rules are still thinking 'can't happen to me' and are in a state of denial, - and as a result are willing to roll the dice to see if they can get away with it.
    The simple fact is things are never going to be the same as they were. I really don't think COVID-19 is going to be the end of it even after a vaccine has been developed because these deadly viruses are not going to stop mutating so everything about our world is going to have to change in order to prevent another crisis like this one from happening again. Or as I imagine will happen politicians and world leaders will put their heads back in the sand and try to carry on the same as before being willing to sacrifice their citizens to economic growth and it will all happen all over again.
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

United States of America, Georgia, Rocky Face
    Blog Entries

Virtual Railfan has a webcam at the freight depot in Dalton, Georgia, just a 15-minute drive from me. I thought about going down to that webcam with a big sign that said 'Quarantine Sucks', 'Everybody have TP?' 'When's the next train?'. Since 22alpha is the head of Virtual Railfan, I'll probably send him a PM if I ever go thru with it. Here's the inspiration for my idea:
    Owner of Freeman Locomotive Works.

Australia, South Australia, Barossa Valley

I think I would rather be in Australia with the restrictions. More than twice the Swedish population, but the Swedes have 50% more cases and over 15 times more deaths.
    Cheers
    Bob
    Last edited by Robert65d; April 9th, 2020 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Correction

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robert65d View Post
    I think I would rather be in Australia with the restrictions. More than twice the Swiss population, but the Swiss have 50% more cases and over 15 times more deaths.
    But that could all change if just a few individuals decide that isolation is not for them, or officials make a wrong call (e.g. the "Ruby Princess" Carnival Cruise Ship fiasco), or politicians decide that their personal popularity is more important than public safety. As Annie pointed out just a few posts ago, there are those who just cannot mentally take the restrictions (many of the repeat violators here have had mental health "issues") or simply want to take on the authorities - Aussies have a long history of defying authority.
    TRS19 Platinum 105100 - TRS19 SP1 (standard) 105096 - TANE SP4 105766

I agree pware, that’s why the have had to close all the beaches.
    Cheers
    Bob

I think I can speak for a lot of people when I say, I would be highly disappointed if I got sick or my family got sick simply because someone didn't pay attention or care about this.
    I play Trainz with a laptop

HP Z Book 17, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, NVIDIA Quadro K5100M, Mobile Intel QM87.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ministerfarrigut View Post
    I would be highly disappointed if I got sick or my family got sick simply because someone didn't pay attention or care about this.
    I admire your tolerance. I would be far more than "highly disappointed"

My real response is not suitable for some audiences. I would get very angry, very quickly.
    I play Trainz with a laptop

HP Z Book 17, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, NVIDIA Quadro K5100M, Mobile Intel QM87.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by pware View Post
    But that could all change if just a few individuals decide that isolation is not for them, or officials make a wrong call (e.g. the "Ruby Princess" Carnival Cruise Ship fiasco), or politicians decide that their personal popularity is more important than public safety. As Annie pointed out just a few posts ago, there are those who just cannot mentally take the restrictions (many of the repeat violators here have had mental health "issues") or simply want to take on the authorities - Aussies have a long history of defying authority.
    Yay I finally went out in the pouring rain no less to pick up a few things. I saw a couple of gents at the supermarket today walking around without a mask and I overheard them saying the whole thing is a hoax etc... As I listened I thought that it won't be a hoax when one of them gets infected by someone else who thinks it's a hoax. Speaking of masks, I looked like a bank robber from the wild west with an old ca. 1970's-something bandanna across my mouth and nose.

We also have a few of those politicians who keep telling people to go to church for Easter and go back to work. In some places beaches have been opened again. Sadly more people will be sick. I'll gladly stay home and Trainz. I made some good progress today on my model railroad route.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 105100

About masks. Three weeks ago I went to the supermarket during old f@rts hour (7am to 8am-Mon, Wed and Fri) and was the only one wearing a mask and disposable gloves. The following week most (not all) were wearing a mask. I think people were embarrassed to wear one initially.
    Cheers
    Bob

Blog Entries

I have noticed the same. But the part that I don't get is that all the advice from the experts is that masks do not stop you from getting the virus. To do that you would need full medical quality masks (not the ones you can buy in the shops), eye protection (to stop the virus entering the mucus membranes around the eyes), gloves and protective clothing. The masks stop you spreading the virus, any virus, to others. So are all these people saying "I've got Covid-19" in which case they should not be out shopping.

Yes pware, that is what they were saying. But being in my 70’s, diabetic and with cardiovascular disease, if I get COVID-19, I’m as good as dead, so I take all the precautions. I managed to get some P2 masks off ebay before prices went through the roof.
    Cheers
    Bob