Content creation during a pandemic.

Social distancing and self-isolation can be a productive time if you are a content creator (hopefully you are not actually sick).

I chose to waste my time making coronas out of corona virus. Reminds me of watching The Twilight Zone on TV when I was a kid. How are you dealing with the madness?

AmqA1L7.jpg

Last edited:
By treating it like any other day (which might be over soon since there are cases happening in my area), and by working on my Trainz routes and sessions, and take the exams since my college has suspended classes during exam week..

BTW, like your picture you made there:hehe:.

Cheers

My illness keeps me housebound so it doesn't make a lot of difference to me since I don't go anywhere. Trainz as always keeps my mind active and the creative juices flowing.

Nice screenshot, -very like something from the Twilight Zone.

9znjiZj.jpg

I know what you mean. Got any TP? Seriously haven't been able to get any for 2 weeks, but still have a little. 7.30am and no luck even though our supermarkets are now open 7-8am for seniors only. So 7am tomorrow, you know where I'll be. I just don't get it, but I stay home most of the time anyway, and there are no cases anywhere around here, only Sydney which is 2 hours drive away, 3 if you want to get into the centre. Just finding issues with SP4, so something else to wonder about. Good artwork though, hope they aren't real :hehe:

Good evening all,

1st to Kotanga Girl, always have the best in wishes for you, and love your creations too.......You have some intense inner strength to deal with your condition.

And to the rest here, I do work in my church as far as helping the Homeless, Etc. Our church has canceled Mass for the Rest of this month, possibly all of next month depending, and that is OK if we can get a handle on this Virus.

All my business meetings and Social Meetings as would be expected, where I do some other Charity Work are as well canceled!

Am I worried?

Am I hogging food, running around like a scared chicken in the markets.......?

Am I glued to the TV set for all day?

No and No, Throughout my life have always prepared for the worst outcome and hoped for the best, be it Financial Markets or personal things that have happened with my health, I have had 3 near death experiences!!!

Like others note here,

I treat it just like another day, go along with my business, be polite, and try to do good by helping others out.......

Will I catch the Virus who knows, and I am not a bit worried, my heart does not need that stress.

Instead, I am having fun with Trainz projects and doing a lot, and I mean a lot, of deferred maintenance on the house etc. For example I was working in my back yard today, doing some much needed gardening, repair some Sprinklers, and fixing some Concrete on my retaining walls. I still have some more Roofing repair of a 20x20 foot area where the sheathing of the Roof buckled for some odd reason.....But I will get it repaired. My other repairs have held through the 3-4 inches of Rain we've had the last 2 months, so it appears I did a good job.......Found some shoddy workmanship from 29 yrs ago when I had our new roof installed, shameful, but you know how it goes in the construction biz. Time is money, quantity over quality takes over, unfortunately!!!!''
Like laying up Dry Wall panels, yes I have laid Dry Wall, and Cement, and Electrical, and Plumbing, I better stop...Before I get on a Roll here.......:hehe:

Want to know what was so nice about today, it was quite around here, peaceful, and the Sun was out, I was enjoying the beginning of Spring warmth, and then it Rained this afternoon. And our local mountains looked beautiful with a fresh coat of Snow on them.....Picturesque....

Before the Storm

After this 2 weeks of Storms.....

I had a wonderful time outside with mother nature, it was so refreshing. It was a good day for me and Family.

Tonight we went to our Costco, they had been super busy during the day, tonight it was much better, afterwards we went across the street and had a drive thru Hamburger and FF's to support one of our local restaurants......

Our family is following the Rules, as this Virus moves into the US, we pray for those who are sick, to return to good health. We also know there will be those who may pass on, this is part of a life cycle event.

The main thing, keep a focus, try to be part of the solution........Not a hindrance!

I pray each day for all of us.....And am so happy to have wonderful Forum like this.

I bid you all peaceful Evening.........Thank you for sharing your thoughts here today.

where i live there is only one case of COVID-19 in our area and I expect that number to go up and in the state of Tennessee there are 78 cases of that virus

I know what you mean. Got any TP? Seriously haven't been able to get any for 2 weeks, but still have a little. 7.30am and no luck even though our supermarkets are now open 7-8am for seniors only. So 7am tomorrow, you know where I'll be. I just don't get it, but I stay home most of the time anyway, and there are no cases anywhere around here, only Sydney which is 2 hours drive away, 3 if you want to get into the centre. Just finding issues with SP4, so something else to wonder about. Good artwork though, hope they aren't real :hehe:

Same in California and other areas of the Nation......

But I had a conversation one time with Plumbing house, while trying to get small Rubber Ring for old but still very good operating Toilet we had, need a little repair, most folks would have just thrown the Toilet out, and got a new one, I almost had too........

So when I went to this plumbing house which is carries a lot of items, they said they didn't have it, so I said, you'll order it.....And the guy got a funny look on his face, well, I would have it sooner, but I can place the order till end of this month, mind you, that was 3 weeks in the future, because they have a minimum order. Otherwise will have to pay extra charge or it wont be accepted, I don't quite recall, as this was 3 years ago....

I started laughing, so you don't want me to use my broken toilette for one month while I wait for Rubber O-Ring, and the guy says, well, if need be, maybe better to buy a toilet.....:( I told him, laughing out loud, it's OK, I will wait, I have more than one Toilet in my house, but I suspect other folks might not be that lucky....And I asked him, it this part of that "JUST IN TIME INVENTORY ORDERING THEY SPEAK OF" He busted out laughing so hard, it we both had a laugh. Yup, this is supposed to keep your inventory costs down significantly......:hehe:

Uh Oh ya, except when you need parts and it takes days or weeks to get what you need with the all the Red Tape.....

While I think about it, I had the same problem with a Car Dealership, and ordering, they got short incomplete parts for my Truck, it was supposed to take 2 days for new installation of Trailer Wiring Harness Module, of which my Truck has ready place for it to be installed as option, ended up after they found order incomplete, 8 days later I get my vehicle back..Another just in time inventory issue...... :sleep:

So when you say there is not TP around, it is same here.........And what is even funnier, we have an excess inventory of certain types of Manufacturing items, Cars, Washers, Dryers Refrigerator's, But yet when you need parts, it might be a completely different story......;)

I wish you good luck on your journey for Toilet needs. You might have to have the Store to order it, an wait till it comes in.........

On a funny note, a well known, probably largest company in the world wrote this......Kinda late to game I think.......

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattpe...ew-employees-to-deal-with-coronavirus-demand/

I keep abreast of the virus situation in Oz, and there is one aspect that does not seem to be mentioned. There is a lot of concern about 'panic buying' and 'bare shelves' but no-one seems to work back to what could be an equal part of the problem. Every thing we buy has to be made and if the manufacturer shuts down due to lack of staff who are hidden at home, where does our stuff come from? All our commentators glibly mourn that the 'footy' is affected and our PM asks us not to 'panic buy'. Nobody mentions the 'supply side' of the situation.

Peter

I should be OK in this crisis. I have got subscriptions to McAfee and CCleaner Pro. So they should stop the COVID19 virus in its tracks!

Still working here although i only just started back to work after a workplace accident last year, So far it is just 3 days a week 4 hours a day then with physio we will up the hours till I'm back 100%, I'm a bit more concerned with the virus as I'm on medicine that knocks the crap out of the immune system so if the virus does get closer to home I'll go off the medicine and two weeks later the old immune system should be back to full strength that is how it should work in theory apparently.
I hope we can all just look after those a bit more vulnerable at this time and get thru it together.
Mick.:)

I too hope all are ok, and your market shelves are never empty.
Pware - sorry mate those won't help as the virus attacks the UBCAK of your computer, as do most simple computer problems and common errors. :p
(user between chair and keyboard) for those who haven't worked in a retail tech bay. Also known as an ID TEN T fault (id 10 t)
cheers
a stir crazy Graeme

Given the "end of days" panic mentality, I found it amusing that The Walking Dead stopped filming due to the corona virus. All those years of wandering around forests and it only took a simple flu virus to kill off all the zombies.

Last edited:
When a genuine crisis has arrived, I trust that the oft repeated 'Keep calm and carry on' will prove to be sound advice.

Now is the time to show our mettle.

Glad to hear everyone is hunkered down. My employer has us all working from home, so between work and Trainz it is a lot of computer time! Our church did a broadcast of the service on Sunday, with only the pastor, the pianist/organist, the Choir Director (no choir) and a Lay Assistant present. It actually went off pretty well, as we watched it on Facebook from home. But tonight I am really going to miss our Wednesday night Lenton soup supper, we always have such great soups! Will have to make our own soup at home I guess. Stay safe and healthy everyone!

One of the advantages of being retired - it's not that hard to socially distance yourself. Wife has Netfix and Amazon Prime, I have the train sim stuff and other games. At the moment Swindon shops have weathered the worst of the panic buying and we were sensible enough to start gathering a few extra essentials a few weeks ago when it all kicked off and everyone was going, "It's just the flu, bro." Patently obvious now it's somewhat more than that so the focus is on keeping safe but also healthy so if we do succumb, we have a good chance of fighting it off.

Keep healthy, safe and positive my friends.

Back