Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Content creation during a pandemic.

My harmonica group is trying a meeting via zoom next week, it will be intereasting to see how it goes, and it's something social to look forward to.

With regard to content creation, I've got plenty of projects in hand but I don't find working on the PC very stimulating at the moment. The gardenning is a far more attractive proposition while the weather is this fine.

Chris.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chrisaw View Post
    My harmonica group is trying a meeting via zoom next week, it will be intereasting to see how it goes, and it's something social to look forward to.

With regard to content creation, I've got plenty of projects in hand but I don't find working on the PC very stimulating at the moment. The gardenning is a far more attractive proposition while the weather is this fine.

Chris.
    Weathers good here so I've been painting outside. Our neighbours have set up a Whatsapp chat to exchange information about our activities even though they are just across the road. Practicing social distancing.

Most of our chats revolve around pictures of what we are drinking at the time or cute pictures of pets.

Paul

Weathers good here as well, got plenty to occupy myself with, banishing the weeds now appearing in the backyard, practising my assorted musical instruments, Guitar, mandolin and 5 string Banjo and I'm a Radio Ham as well and of course there is Trainz. Gave up piano playing when I was 13 got as far as Grade 2, took up Guitar instead. If that isn't enough I can stream stuff from Amazon Prime and such like.
    Round here the police are stopping people to check they are making an essential trip out or not!
    All my local family members are in at risk groups so have to stay well away so just as well I've got plenty to do!

I suspect after this is over, which could take a long time, nothing is going to be quite the same.
    Malc

Blog Entries

Restrictions in the UK seem to be similar to NZ although we, in Oz, are not quite there yet. Those who congregated at Bondi Beach (in Sydney) last weekend might be dismayed to discover that Bondi, Tamarama Beach, and surrounds are the number one hot spot for infections in New South Wales. So, those who have been saying "Oh its only an oldies problem and doesn't concern me" might have to rethink their approach.

I'm going to adopt John Citron's approach and become a hermit although I'm more worried about my daughters health than mine.

Our problem is mostly tourists disembarking from cruise ships and not being checked. Too much of that for my liking.

I saw that Boris is infected. That might get some attention in the UK.

Paul

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by pcas1986 View Post
    Restrictions in the UK seem to be similar to NZ although we, in Oz, are not quite there yet. Those who congregated at Bondi Beach (in Sydney) last weekend might be dismayed to discover that Bondi, Tamarama Beach, and surrounds are the number one hot spot for infections in New South Wales. So, those who have been saying "Oh its only an oldies problem and doesn't concern me" might have to rethink their approach.

I'm going to adopt John Citron's approach and become a hermit although I'm more worried about my daughters health than mine.

Our problem is mostly tourists disembarking from cruise ships and not being checked. Too much of that for my liking.

I saw that Boris is infected. That might get some attention in the UK.
    The same as what occurred at Bondi Beach has now hit Florida. The spring break brats have now most likely carried the infection elsewhere in the US. They after all so needed their spring break vacation and the Florida's governor did nothing to enforce a stay at home policy and let the tourists come in. In the end we now all pay for it.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 106618

Quote Originally Posted by UnumProvident155 View Post
    I have been playing piano since I was 7
    That's about when I started as well. Keep at it!
    John

No need to worry. I heard a well-informed authority say that America will be “open for business” again by Easter.
    T:ANE SP4 build 105946 and TRS2019 SP1 build 105096
    Win 10, i7 5820K, 3.3 GHz, 32GB ram, GTX 980Ti, 2x512GB SSD

Meanwhile the internet is doing a roaring trade. Me thinks there are a lot more posts even on this site these days, but then when you have to stay home, you have to play, or build, more Trainz

United States of America, New York, Allegany

chrisaw
    "My harmonica group is trying a meeting via zoom next week, it will be intereasting to see how it goes, and it's something social to look forward to."

Do you know any John Mayall tunes ?
    Last edited by JimDep; March 27th, 2020 at 10:03 PM.
    T:ANE Standard SP2 to SP3
    TRS 2012 build 61388

United States of America, New York, Allegany

It wouldn't surprise me that businesses start rolling again by then, at least in areas not close to the bigger, mismanaged cities.
    T:ANE Standard SP2 to SP3
    TRS 2012 build 61388

Quarantining Since March 1st In Front Of My PC

As I saw this coming in Jan & Feb, much before March, I have been inside cowering inside ever since March 1st, I wish everybody had done the same thing. I saw a huge industrial Home Delivery Ice Cream truck delivering to a neighbors freezer, as they come weekly. I walked down in my flip flops, and jammies, (at 4:00 PM) and asked the guy whether he could sell half gallons, for cash, he sold me 2 half gallons for $ 11.98, as it is a top quality ice cream manufacturer. I bet it is sure going to be delish

I haven't been to the food store since March 1st, and I started stockpiling, hoarding canned, and frozen food, and paper products, starting way back in 2018, and rotating my old stock, and new stock, dating 200 cans of soup, 100 cans of tuna, and 100 cans of canned chicken (looks just like Solid White Albacore tuna, in water), and eggs (which can be consumed 120 days after the expiration date), cooking and freezing 8 lbs of bacon, freezing bread, lunchmeats and cheese.

When I went out to the huge ice cream home delivery truck it was so sunny, warm, and blindingly bright outside, that I felt like I was going to go actually profoundly blind, as I was seeing swirls and spots in my vision, I thought a widow-maker heart attack was coming on. "Gremlins, light bright, bright light, Magwai", After about 45 minutes I feel pretty good, and getting back into creating my route in Trainz is taking my mind off of stressful things, and my vision is normal, with a normal calm heart rate I don't eat much nowadays, but I keep an eye on my diabetic blood sugar, which was 127, which is excellent !

Last edited by MP242; March 27th, 2020 at 08:02 PM.
    My apologies to all. I have decided that in these horrible current events, we all need to stick together as a Community

Quote Originally Posted by chrisaw View Post
    With regard to content creation, I've got plenty of projects in hand but I don't find working on the PC very stimulating at the moment.

Chris.
    Picking up on this comment because I feel the same when it comes to content creation, but I don’t know why.

I have all the time in the world now to devote to the hobby and I promised another Trainzer that I would create a series of trees for him. But every morning when I sit down to start working on it, I just cannot find the “energy” to proceed. I allow myself to get distracted by another computer game, a Netflix series, a cat video on YouTube, or just the endless TV news about COVID-19. I don’t know how to explain or break this strange lethargic cycle and I’m feeling more guilty about it with every passing day.
    T:ANE SP4 build 105946 and TRS2019 SP1 build 105096
    Win 10, i7 5820K, 3.3 GHz, 32GB ram, GTX 980Ti, 2x512GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by JimDep View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me that businesses start rolling again by then, at least in areas not close to the bigger, mismanaged cities.
    I'm wondering if corporations are going to realize they don't need all the mega real estate with all the extra expenses and other liabilities associated with these buildings. As a former IT support person, I saw this work at home trend starting a decade ago. The problem back then was the lack of trust by management, and it was only allowed for a mere handful of trusted employees, and then only for those that needed it unless they were in remote services or sales.

With this push to offsite operations, this maybe the push into that direction permanently, and the only companies that will need an actual work-site are those that are in manufacturing. If you think about it, with SAAS, cloud-based storage, and virtual desktops, there is no longer a need for a centralized location.
    John

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
    I'm wondering if corporations are going to realize they don't need all the mega real estate with all the extra expenses and other liabilities associated with these buildings.
    You are correct but those big buildings located in prime locations at expensive addresses (5th Avenue, New York: Collins St, Melbourne: Pitt St, Sydney - to give a few examples) give both prestige and a sense of wealth and success that is simply not found in a Facebook or Twitter account.

You can never judge a company or organisation by its online presence or the number of "likes" its posts get. Just as the physical edifice at the swank city address tells you nothing about the honesty, integrity and competence of those who dwell inside (Lehman Bros, AIG, etc) but at least you have a chance of knowing who you are dealing with unlike those behind URLs and IPs.

My thoughts.
    TRS19 Platinum 105100 - TRS19 SP1 (standard) 105096 - TANE SP4 105766

United States of America, Pennsylvania, Murrysville

Quote Originally Posted by Dinorius_Redundicus View Post
    No need to worry. I heard a well-informed authority say that America will be “open for business” again by Easter.
    What that well informed authority actually said was "I would love to have it open by Easter". Not exactly a prediction!