Unkown kuids in TRS2019 route how to get rid of them?

pagroove

I bought TRS2019 Platinium Editiom. I am wowed by the improvements in graphical quality and performance and I want to bring my route Electro Island over to this new platform. Last night I have imported my route an most things are fine except for some unkown kuids.

Those unkown kuids are:

Electro Island 4.1 SP3 unkown kuid list

TRS2019 <kuid:565830:100193> Auran TANE <kuid:565830:100193> RockPile Repeater
TRS2019 <kuid2:82412:805102:1> tume TANE <kuid2:82412:805102:1> Runway-102 (open for edit, payware)
TRS2019 <kuid2:82412:805114:1> tume TANE <kuid2:82412:805114:1> Taxiway-104 (open for edit, payware)
TRS2019 <kuid2:82412:805103:1> tume TANE kuid2:82412:805103:1> Taxiway-103 (open for edit, payware)

TRS2019 <kuid2:276266:1191:1> ocemy TANE <kuid2:276266:1191:1> ? (? niet in TANE SP3) CHN 20ft container
TRS2019 <kuid2:276266:1192:1> ocemy TANE <kuid2:276266:1192:1> (? niet in TANE SP3) CHN 40ft container
TRS2019 <kuid2:124017:20117:3> ocemy TANE <kuid2:124017:20117:3> (Loading Platform Built-in)

As you can see in the aboe QUOTE cloud. I traced the unkown kuids back to earlier Trainz versions. A few are in TANE SP3 and are payware or built-ins and the really old ones are the ocemy containers and loading platforms.

I tried to remover missing or uninstalled assets via surveyor but unkown kuids are not deleted. Is there any other way (editing the kuid table by hand (which is not recommende))?

Or is there a way to get assets from older assets in TRS 2019.

I could use some help here. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the new and exciting world of TS2019. Yes there are ways to get around the issues with payware and unknown assets, but they involve tediously editing assets files one by one from older versions and giving them a higher KUID version number than the payware or unknown assets. Possibly this might violate N3V's terms or conditions of sale, but it's what most Trainz folk end up doing if they don't want to buy DLC they have no use for.

Welcome to the new and exciting world of TS2019. Yes there are ways to get around the issues with payware and unknown assets, but they involve tediously editing assets files one by one from older versions and giving them a higher KUID version number than the payware or unknown assets. Possibly this might violate N3V's terms or conditions of sale, but it's what most Trainz folk end up doing if they don't want to buy DLC they have no use for.

Yes I already know the tedious aspect of it :hehe:. It is IMO THE onte thing that is not so good about Trainz and could put off potential beginners. But thank you. I should research some things that you have mentioned. I do eventually replace those assets or remove them.

Have you installed kickstarter as some of those assets are in that route. Also check your open for edit folder. Taxiway is in the ECML route. Also CHN container yard basic.

Last edited:
Last night I have imported my route an most things are fine except for some unkown kuids.

You don't always have to find the older version and update it. If you can see what the asset is then you can clone any similar asset and give it the KUID of the missing asset (or one higher, in the case of uninstalled payware). For many assets missing from a route you can simply remove missing assets from the route or session, but always work on a copy in case they turn out to be critical. In your case it is recommended to replace missing assets in the route with assets downloaded from the DLS - the errors you see are going to be the same for many others who download your route, so you should take the opportunity to reduce the payware used in your route.

Have you installed kickstarter as some of those assets are in that route. Also check your open for edit folder. Taxiway is in the ECML route. Also CHN container yard basic.

Only Kickstarter TRS19 version. But will also install the TANE one. Thanks.

You don't always have to find the older version and update it. If you can see what the asset is then you can clone any similar asset and give it the KUID of the missing asset (or one higher, in the case of uninstalled payware). For many assets missing from a route you can simply remove missing assets from the route or session, but always work on a copy in case they turn out to be critical. In your case it is recommended to replace missing assets in the route with assets downloaded from the DLS - the errors you see are going to be the same for many others who download your route, so you should take the opportunity to reduce the payware used in your route.

This could be helpfull. Thank you.

That sounds like you imported payware, can't import Payware DLC or Builtins must wait for it to appear in the DLC downloads.

Yes but the "payware'' is probaby out of TS12. I started building my route in TS2009 and then Ts12. So the content is coming from there I think. I checked because I still have Ts12 installed.

Seems like a license for 9 or 11 years ago could be re-licensed to be distributed for a nominal fee.

FWIW, I downloaded Electro Island and saw only some missing ground textures in TRS19. And had great fun putting high-speed, freight, and commuter consists through their paces, so looking forward to any update.

FWIW, I downloaded Electro Island and saw only some missing ground textures in TRS19. And had great fun putting high-speed, freight, and commuter consists through their paces, so looking forward to any update.

Thank you :). It converts well but I still want to get rid of the unknown dependencies. I know certain people download a route and then look at the errors. If they see "missing dependencies" many won't even try directly and throw the route in the bin. It is how I looked at routes when I started with trains. Nowadays I am more patient and load the route up to see if the essentials are working but still I am annoyed myself by missing or faulty stuff.

It is THE one thing that is not user friendly in the Trainz world.

Back