Microsoft Edge Browser no download

phil333

Hello to one and all . I have just purchased
Trainz 2019 Platinum Edition
direct From the Developer . Just a note if I may to help anyone else .
I used the Microsoft edge web browsers , once into my trainz account I purchased the download, got my email confirmation , logged backed into my trainz account to download the sim . Under Downloads nothing after googling and searching nothing
I logged into my trainz account on my iPad the download was there, back to
Microsoft Edge browser nothing logout .login with internet explorer the download was showing , I then downloaded and it installed successfully

Strange as the Download is showing in Edge Chrome, not that I use it for anything other than testing it, it's on my Insider PC. Every one will get the new version on the next feature update.

I have been using Edge since we got it. No problems with anything. It is the best one out there as far as I am concerned. Different strokes for different folks.

I have never had any problems using Edge (Chrome) to access any Trainz Store downloads. I just tried it to confirm this and it worked perfectly.

PS:
I use both Edge (Chrome) and Firefox and have no dislike for either. I find Edge can be faster in some situations but I like the Firefox interface better - but maybe I just need to get more experience with Edge.

Last edited:

Hello to one and all . I have just purchased
Trainz 2019 Platinum Edition
direct From the Developer . Just a note if I may to help anyone else .
I used the Microsoft edge web browsers , once into my trainz account I purchased the download, got my email confirmation , logged backed into my trainz account to download the sim . Under Downloads nothing after googling and searching nothing
I logged into my trainz account on my iPad the download was there, back to
Microsoft Edge browser nothing logout .login with internet explorer the download was showing , I then downloaded and it installed successfully

That doesn't sound like an Edge browser issue, and more like a connection problem to the FTP server that hosts the download, or the page needed refreshing.

I use Edge all the time now and it works fine.

I updated to the Edge Chrome Browser at home and at work, and I like that it is pretty much the same as Chrome. I did find out at work however, that anything Active-X does not work with the Edge Chrome browser, and some of our legacy software at work uses Active-X, so I have had to use Internet Explorer for anything like that. Just a head's up if you use any software that does Active-X.

I'm running the Edge Dev version of Microsoft's latest browser and think it is superb. It is fast, stable, and responsive and has many cool features absent in most other browsers (all of which I have and use frequently to test my web development creations and websites).
Don't dis this latest Chromium-based browser product unless you've actually used it!

Some web pages do not provide the correct code to indicate that a page needs to be refreshed, so any browser that uses caching could fail to show the changes. Use the refresh button to force the page to re-load and the download will be there.

Back